A1 (Mini) vs P1: What has better print quality?

I wonder if the print quality is identical or if the P1 has a better print quality. What are your experiences, are there side-by-side photo comparisons?

For tall thin objects, core will be better than bedflinger because of physics. Even with input shaping, it cannot stop the top of the printed part from wobbling.

Maybe you already bought a printer, but since I own both (A1 Mini, P1P to P1S Converted) of them I thought I will give you my feedback.

Both print awesome, the quality of prints are in my eyes the same. It depends heavily on what you want to print in the future, I know - a hard question to start with.

Think of it:

• 18x18x18 vs 25x25x25 (doesn’t look much, but it’s quiet alot. Want to print helmets? You wont be happy with the A1 mini)
  • silent vs much louder (even with noise cancelling firmware)
  • small footprint vs larger (think about the space you got, if you plan on using the ikea lack table, for the P1 you need a riser to fit it inbetween two tables stacked on each other)
  • “rare” printing vs constant printing (how much time you gonna invest? P1 is a workbeast)
  • almost none maintenance vs some work (Are you capable doing the maintenance on your own or are you completely lost when it comes to electrics and lubricants, screws and stuff? Don’t get me wrong, I dont want to scare you off, but the P1 needs a bit more love than putting a bit lubricant on the y and z rail. But it’s not hard to do, don’t worry.
  • quick swap hotend vs 10 minute swap (A1 has the quick swap system, so you just click it in, on the P1 you need to take off the front cover, unscrew two screws and unplug 2 cables)

If you wanna know more, just ask away :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your answer! Is the P1S still louder with closed environment than the A1 Mini?

I fully agree with 3Deen, and to answer your question about the noise, yes, P1P is still noisier than the A1 mini. Even with all the updates.

And the A1, is it as loud/silent as the A1 Mini, or are there differences?

I now have the A1 Mini. It makes really loud noise for a few seconds before the print starts, but then the rest of the print is almost silent.

1 Like

I do have the same problem and I think it is, because the printer seems forgetting about its homing. If I turn the p rinter on again and directly print, the printhead will move against the end of the rail for about three seconds until it notices some resistance. If you home before, it wont do that.

p1 have dual gear extruder but a1 dose not