AMS spool #4 missing in Bambu Studio

This is just my second week into 3D printing and owning a x1C and having great success so far. One problem someone here might be able to help with. I have the AMS loaded with 4 spools all 4 spools detect the filaments, load and unload correctly. On the device page of Bambu Studio, the iphone app and on the AMS tab on the printer’s screen all 4 spoon are present and correct. The issue is that spool # is #4 is missing on all places in the ‘Prepare’ section of Bamboo studio so #4 spool can’t selected for any project or part. Why is that?

On the Prepare tab, click the icon (looks like an AMS) on the Filament line. That is “Synchronize with AMS.”

3 Likes

Thank you holmes4, Yes, I found that a little while ago. I thought it was something simple.
Cheers

This seems to confuse many people. Studio has a pallet of filaments.

You add and remove pallet filaments with the + and - buttons and select filament profiles from the associated drop down list.

The order and numbering of filaments has nothing to do with the order of filaments in the AMS or AMSs except the AMS icon button will load the pallet with the (currently very limited) information the AMS(s) of the currently connected and selected printer has.

When you start a print from studio it tries to match used pallet filaments to AMS(s) slots by type and color. You can change that mapping between pallet and AMS(s) slots.

The AMS(s) currently only recognise Bambu filaments and can be told generic filaments are loaded. There is no support for customised or calibrated filament profiles which makes loading the pallet from the AMS(s) moderately useless.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue now. Re-syncing does not make it go away. Slot two is actually empty but even after hitting sync the slicer only shows 1,2,3 filaments. The fourth spot is blank