Any news on AMS loading and unloading issues?

YW!
I was changing the X rods on a little Monoprice Select years ago and wanted to try carbon fiber rods. I contacted IGUS US and inquired what size bearings I would need and how much. They sent me 4 of them free.

This is how business needs to be done, you make customers for life.

I am tempted to get some for gears and such, good to know they last. The X1C runs hot enough to print their low temp stuff, I saw some that wanted a 185°C CHAMBER temp to print right … Wow.

Do you have experience with the igus filaments in bambu because I cannot see profiles, and the bambu software does not allow you to make.
I have found some that had problems with clogging of the i150 and i151 but no indications of success.
I have rolls of both but no need to use the expensive filament before we get to the parts that needs to be food safe
I assume since you are promoting it that you have experience.
Could you share?

1 Like

Sadly I do not currently have any IGUS filament. My experiences were from a few years ago and the post was a general ‘PSA’ and a thumbs up for the company as a general comment.

Bambu Studio does let you make your own filament settings and profile settings.
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/software/bambu-studio/preset

https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/software/bambu-studio/how-to-set-slicing-parameters

You can choose a filament that’s close to an unsupported one and modify the settings then save it with a new name. I usually use something like:
MatterHacker PETG Blue .6 Nozzle for quick choice later.

As for the clogging - What size nozzle are you using? Most “advanced” plastics generally work better with a larger nozzle of .6 or even .8mm. The IGUS plastics probably have particles embedded the same as ‘wood’ filaments do. That requires more room to prevent clogs.

I’ve never tried contacting IGUS for help, but most companies will offer tech support for their filaments, they do want happy customers! :wink:

Finally, this thread was about the AMS loading/unloading issues. If you have questions like this you should start a new post with your issues.
You’ll get many more people seeing it and some may have much more knowledge than I do on the subject! :grin:
Cheers!

Thanks for answering, and for the advice.
For printing motion parts, bearings and brushings, linear nuts… we have a hard time increasing to nozzle size as it really defeats the purpose of using low friction plastics if we print high friction parts.

YW! My pleasure {Small Bow} :grin:

I can see that on the nozzle size. But … physics … LOL
If you go larger you solve one problem but then introduce post processing smoothing. That dust wouldn’t be good to breath either, eh?

Seriously, ask the general community. The worst that happens is you get no answer, but someone may have a brilliant idea for you.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The filament is loaded and unloaded from the extruder. I don’t understand why this is happening. I followed all the steps from the Bambu Wiki and everything seems to be fine. In a moment I’m shooting a video, attaching logs and sending it to technical support.

After trying all sorts of solutions it seems to have solved by installing covers on the buttons of the AMS.
The model I’m using now is this: Printables
I suggest you try it, I added about 5cm of ptfe and I’ve had no more problems.

Yes, I am having the same issue in my slot three on my AMS when unloading the filament, I have to pull out the filament there dee grooves that were cut into the filament are so deep then when it tries to retract the filament, it hangs in the tube like teeth. When pull the tube on the back a fill the filament each slot only 3rd slot is cuts so deep. I’ve been asking Support for an answer and they want me to take a video. I’m not quite sure how I take a video of what happens inside the AMS and the tube. And they’ve asked me to videotape the inner workings of the AMS and the filament going through the tubes three times.

After reading through the help section, I think I’m going to get some carbon fiber filament and run it through my third slot in the AMS and see if this will wear down the gears enough so it doesn’t cut the filament so bad I cannot come up with any better answer. My micro camera is a quarter inch across so it will not go in the tubes to see the inside work. I think it’s their excuse not to deal with people it’s just keep asking for videos for something that they know cannot be videotaped, and that irritates the ever loving stew out of me.

I have the same issues, bought two X1C printers. And both AMS units have trouble pulling back filament. Especially from 3 and 4.

I’ve tried the AMS Feeder Button mod, no change.
And I’ve tried the ShortStack ptfe hotend guide mod, no change.

Done this to both my printers, AMS units still acting up.

I also tried replacing the PFTE tubes in one of my AMSs with ones with larger ID. Still no change there either.

I’m facing the exact same issue - I’m constantly having to jimmy the filament in my AMS’s second slot to get it to retract fully. It gets stuck multiple times during a multi-color print, and even gets stuck during a simple filament calibration. I also have an open support ticket - At first they tried to tell me it was a PTFE tube issue, but finally I sent them a video of the issue (once jammed, I showed them how the filament moves smoothly in the PTFE tube and that it’s actually jammed INSIDE the AMS, particularly it seems either in the gears or below them somewhere). They are now sending me a new AMS filament hub - I’m not convinced this will work, but I’ll try it out and see if perhaps the one that came stock with the AMS is faulty. If so, I’ll update y’all here.

Curious what brand of filament?