[Bambu Lab H3C] 0.2 or 0.4? Why not both

It’s purely a slicer strategy issue - nozzles have width, so the layer heights need to be controlled so the nozzle doesn’t scrape what’s already been laid down. As long as the combined layer heights draw even with each other, that problem goes away.

So for example, in a 0.2mm/0.4mm nozzle print, the 0.2 would need to lay down two layers at 0.1 mm per layer, then the 0.4 comes in and does a single 0.2mm layer - the end result being both are at 0.2mm height. It would not work to do the 0.4mm nozzle first and then the 0.2mm as the 0.2mm nozzle would be going below the top of the 0.4mm nozzle’s work. In other words A-A-B-A-A-B, but not B-A-A-B-A-A

Similarly, the current A-B-B-A-A strategy used for two color prints with the same nozzle size wouldn’t work.

The consequence of this is layer heights will be locked together when using multiple nozzle sizes - you won’t set layer heights for each nozzle, you’ll set one layer height (or detail value) and the rest of the sub-layer heights will be automatically set.

Not the same thing.

That goes A-B-B-A-A-B-B-A-A, the second layer is only one higher than the previous, and then goes back to the other nozzle, which prints at the same layer height as the most recent previous layer. It never makes a nozzle have to physically go below a previous working height.

As outlined above, that strategy no longer works, it requires a completely different approach to sequencing, and also slicing in general. It doesn’t make the slicing twice as complex, it makes slicing many times more complex.

Non planer printing in bambu studio when jk it’s the same nozzle as h2d so it won’t be that good, needs to have more point

It’s definitely better to wait. Until November 3rd before you make a decision.

I expect that H2D and H2C will get multi-size also, as the limitation is in the slicer, not the hardware.

For now it seems that only the build plates can be carried over from H2C to H3C. Nozzles so far seem to be incompatible.

I am an early adopter of the H2D, decided to pass for the H2C and probably wil make the switch to the H3C.
However not in a hurry atm.

I’m mainly afraid of the possible shortages. As I need to start releasing my FDM models already next month, so I will most likely have to buy one or the other after the release on Nov 3rd, just to make sure I can actually start printing already in November :smiling_face_with_tear:
Otherwise I would have also probably waited much longer.

They’re available on the day of release, usually if you’re ready to buy that day you’ll be able to get one.

Keep in mind, if this is a critical piece of equipment you are running a slightly higher risk with a newly released printer; both quality issues and software issues are more likely, you will be a bit more of a guinea pig. So just know that some risk exists and you may need to pivot in the event of unforseen issues.

Thank you for the warning!
Yeah, I’m expecting that there can be issues, but I do trust Bambu Lab to fix things if something happens. I do have a single-color FDM printer as a fallback, but hopefully there won’t be anything truly gamebreaking :see_no_evil_monkey:

They are pretty good about making things right - but they’re not particularly fast about it.