Bambu studio filling holes what dont need to be filled

Hello guy,

I want to print a little articulated modell. Its a PIG bank, i want twist the buttom, but slicer making this as a brige and filling the hole. Does anyone know how to disable this thing?

Thanks
David

This is the setting you need to look at. Set it up very low (or maybe zero, but I just stick with 0.001) and it will stop doing that.

3 Likes

This might also be a part of a brim.

If you disable brim settings under strength or support, it should remedy this issue.

Thank you guys, it was the gap closing radius!

1 Like

I’m assuming varratok means perimeter and törlés is supports, but I would still check your brim settings under törlés anyway.

Glad someone was able to help you out!

There was not brim setted up. Just this thing.

1 Like

Im having a similar issue The gap infill is filling a hole and it is messing with the print.

I set closing radius to 0.001 and contour comp to -0.05 but can seem to get rid of the gap infill
CleanShot 2023-04-08 at 17.05.51

Is there a way to disable this?

1 Like

i didnt found any disable option. On github it has a request ticket to put in the slicert the disable dongle

mod:
No it was in the forum, not in github!

When using Archne wall generator it seems to be disabled

2 Likes

Thanks, this worked!

Hi, doesn’t work for me unfortunately.

Mhh weird, “filter out tiny gaps” work but the hint says won’t affect top/bottom layers.
But hey at this print it will do the job.

Arachne mode does not really disable gap fill, the gap fill reduction is just a consequences of the way Arachne mode is working wich make the number of gap to fill hugely less, but it does not disable gap fill in any manner.

Searching for a answer on a similar case. For me it closes gaps as it thinks that there where a closed loop but the walls don’t touch each other and it still closes the loop on the layers above

Changing the resolution didn’t work for me and either the slice gap radius.

Hi guys,

I insert myself, I would instead like to be able to thicken the filling in the areas where, for example, I insert the inserts, or rather make more turns of the walls.
Is it possible to change the fill in desired areas? or thicken the walls only where I want?

thanks bye

This is what I do for holes of about 1mm or less that need to be precise.

Make a hole calibration plate.
This is merely a 3mm rectangle with a grid of holes that change from eg 0.1mm to 2.0mm on a tiny increment. I use a tool like openscad to generate the plate.

Then set your settings to
high resolution (eg 0.08) print
Set both gap closing and precision to 0.0001

Don’t print anything yet - have a look at the preview to ensure that you are seeing appropriate gaps.

Once you do,
Try printing very slow. Bambu labs have some amazing tricks that improve print quality at speed - but it’s good to eliminate variables.

Your choices are now to tweak variables until you get something that works for you, or to adjust the hole size such that it meets your criteria.

In my case, I was looking to get 1.05mm holes, and needed to adjust my model to get them right. I seem to recall that the holes I used were nominally 1.56 or so - but I cannot recall. Firmware, software, and material all affect the differences - so calibration is a good way to resolve this sort of issue.

Larger holes (eg 4mm or more) are normally precise to 0.02mm