BAMBU STUDIO upload 21min on my P1S compared to my X1C 30 secondes

I have a P1S and an X1C and if I send the same file to bambu studio it takes 30s on my X1C and 13min on my P1S!!!, do you have the same problem? Does BAMBULAB want to favor these X1C models by slowing down the cloud for these other (cheaper) machines?

If you’re intent was to vent, then you’ll find a lot of folks here who are sympathetic. But if you want help in identifying the cause, then provide a little information so that someone from this community can help. If you’re seeing a 13 minute difference vs 30s, perhaps the problem is elsewhere.

Not to be your math teacher but…

780s / 30s does not equal 26%. That’s 2600%

That would be 26 times slower. ; )

From someone who is learning from one machine I’d prefer that posts from folks who have two machines, and are obviously way more experienced then I, will be able to offer solutions to situations and not just describe the problem.
I’m also seeing a rise in the attitude that the company is out to get me. That attitude just doesn’t make sense to me and I’ve seen no evidence to support it.

yes it is a mistake it is 1300% and not 2600%!!

I have both machines and I do not notice a difference between the transfer times.

I would check your SD card in the P1S as all files transfer to it unlike on the X1C where you can transfer to the internal cache. A failing/counterfeit SD card will drastically increase transfer times.

3 Likes

It occurred to me that one way of determining if there was a difference in performance vs a configuration error in the slicer would be to run a simple FTP upload. Have you tried that?

Also, what firmware version are you running on the P1? I ask because I had a lot of networking issues after a firmware upgrade. Then when I rolled it back, the problems went away. There have been numerous reports here on that topic as well so it does not appear to be a random occurrence.

Network performance of stock X1C is 700KB/s while P1* is 200KB/s.
Should be only 3.5x difference. But there is also compression…

How big that file was?

ps. have both and never had such problem with such slowness

The files is 3.80 Mo big

200kb/s for 3.8Mo it will take 19 secondes no ? and for me it take 21 minutes !!! with the original micro sd card BAMBULAB delivred with the printer

Transfer to my P1S is fast. Have you reported to Bambu support?

The SD card delivered with the printer isn’t a name brand card. SD cards do fail. Have you tried another card yet?

Another thing to try is to put the SD card from the P1S into the X1C and “Send” the same file to the SD card. See how long it takes to transfer.

3 Likes

I have formated my original bambulab micro sd and now it is 2min30 instead 21 minutes.

Can you try to upload my file please this one:

And tell me how long is it on your P1P or P1S

Pretty sure that the printer doesn’t use the SD card for anything except timelapse. You do not need a SD card to print (at least, that’s the way it is on the X1C). Remove the SD card and see if it makes a difference. It probably won’t.

This is a networking issue. For whatever reason (maybe defective WiFi interface on the P1) the P1’s having a lot more trouble with WiFi and that’s why it takes so long to download to the printer. Errors and retries.

I know I’ve seen people post about their printer’s WiFi antenna falling off. That’s the first place I’d look for this issue - does the P1S still have it’s WiFi antenna and is that antenna connected?

Ok thanks but on the P1S you can’t print without the sd card , and if you “withdraw” the sd card during the print the printer stop the print !!! with my X1C it is not same i think…

It’ll be about 7-hrs before I can. I am at work.

apparently i’ve got to reply to comments before i can post.

You actually don’t need to reply to comments to advance your trust level. We all wish it was a little more clearly stated for newcomers.

2 Likes

Sorry, I totally forgot about this. Still need me to print it?