BambuStuido - Serializing NaN

The error appeared today, does anyone know what to do with it? I can’t slice or export or print anything.

Hmm. The errors it’s showing bottom right indicate it’s a very complex model with over a million triangles.

You might try to Right Click the model and choose Fix model. If that doesn’t handle it you may have no choice but to Simplify the model (same way).

That will reduce the number of triangles. It will also lose a bit of detail, but honestly I doubt you’ll see it unless you stick your eyeball half an inch away. It’s adjustable so you may have to play a little.

There are several 3rd party tools to help redefine the model with minimal loss like MeshMixer but they can be … tricky to use (insert Meme of man beating bloody head on desk) … :wink: :grin:

Might try the tools you have handy, but do a Fix first.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to bump this month old thread but I have this exact same issue - no matter what model I use, I get a Serializing NaN error, even after right click > fix. Did you every find a fix?

Edit - I figured it out. I knew that NaN was a Javascript thing, so I went digging through the configuration folder. I backed up my slicer profiles, found in
{harddrive}/users/{user}/AppData/Roaming/BambuStudio/user/{random numbers}/process
Then I unistalled Bambu Studio, deleted the entire BambuStudio folder, then reinstalled. I noticed that when unistalling the latest stable version, there is no option for “delete user data”, but the public beta v1.06.00.65 does have a “delete user data” option when unistalling. Checking that box when unistalling is the same as deleting this folder manually in the stable version.
After Bambu Studio is reinstalled, File>Import>Import Configs is where you can import your backed up slicer profiles! And, fixed!!

1 Like

Well done! Thanks so much for sharing this, I’m sure anyone on here will give you a pass on the necro thread thing, I sure do. :wink:

This is exactly what is needed on this board. Sometimes people will post a problem, get lots of answers & suggestions and not bother reporting back.

Hmmm. Kinda like the OP, eh? LOL

Cheers!