Banding / Ringing type artifacts?

This topic often popup :), so I got a question because there is something that I have hard time to undestand :

Why some ones (like me) dont get any VFA at all ? purelly zero, so if it was related to the printer conception (like pulley) it should always happen no ?

What filament do you use? For some reason VFA is not visible if you use Bambulab PLA profile.

Print speed, material/temperature, and orientation. Above 150mm/s it isn’t noticeable but plenty of materials and prints need slower.

Well, that’s a $1mln question. :slight_smile:

Since you have zero VFA artifacts, any chance you can print a VFA test that is built in the OrcaSlicer (former SoftFever) and share the results? Preferably, with the PETG filament

I will try and give a feedback, I am probably the only one who want VFA here, I want to play with you ! :rofl:

2 Likes

I also have the same issue (with PETG) and have run into the same stonewalling by support. I will tell you that when I print ABS - I do NOT have this issue - the prints are smooth and beautiful.

1 Like

Test out the max flow of your petg and set the new max flowrate. This will maybe increase the printspeed and therefore eliminate the VFA.

Increasing the nozzle temperature will help to increase the max flowrate.

1 Like

Thank you - what do you recommend for testing max flow rate? I saw that Mod Bot had some tests - is there a standard test for Bambu X1CC’s?

1 Like

Yes and no.
If you use the Orca Slicer, a fork of Bambu Studio you get quite some calibration options, including a standard test for max flow rate.

If not, you can download a similar test from printables.
https://www.printables.com/de/model/318350-bambu-slicer-max-flow-test-tower-for-x1c

Just downloaded and installed and preparing the VFA calibration as well as the flow testing.

Thank you!

1 Like

I completed the max flow print - PETG looks spot on all the way up to 10mm3 - I’ll try the VFA test next - however the help page does not have an entry on how to interpret the results - what does the VFA test indicate specifically?

I would use the one from printables. Does contain good explanation as well.

I did a search for VFA, Vertical Fine Artifacts and other terms on printables but was not able to find a model - do you have a link perhaps?

2 Likes

The link is mentioned by Thrawn within this discussion. Just scroll back a bit

( https://www.printables.com/de/model/318350-bambu-slicer-max-flow-test-tower-for-x1c )

Thank you - that’s the max volume test - I was referring to the VFA test in OrcaSlicer.

You find it in the top bar under calibration. The model will be auto generated.

Yes. And thank you. I’m looking for instructions on how to interpret the print results. The wiki for the calibration / slicer do not have that section yet.

Post the photos of the result here, for sure someone can try help interpreting the result :slight_smile:

@msteele999 see below an old post from me, you can take it as a reference :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did the same test today, exactly the same result. Was only visible in a specific angle and light condition.

2 Likes