Brand New Printer - Y Axis Issues - Failed Print

I just received my brand new X1C this afternoon. Set everything up. Calibrated. Updated firmware. Did the included benchy test print. Received notification that the lead screws were lacking grease (they have grease, big globs of it, it’s new). First layer looks horrendous, I’m surprised the lidar let it pass. As it was printing I received another notification that the y axis resonance frequency is low. Through the print I heard the belt slip and threw the whole print off 3 times. I let it continue printing because I was curious if it would stop itself and detect a failure, but it didn’t and kept on printing. So far I’m extremely disappointed in this $1500 printer. I shouldn’t have to perform any maintenance on a $1500 printer before/after my first print out of the box.

Hi,

Look at my response here => https://forum.bambulab.com/t/four-day-old-x1c-y-axis-low/22855/31 and please, do not use stock green filament, use any other (this is very low quality).

ps. I know, lot of $$$, but using other filament and models - it print like a dream

Ill check it out, thanks. Isnt the included basic pla the pla from their store though? I thought that pla was good? Was going to buy a bunch but I guess ill get from somewhere else. Any brands you recommend? I always used hatchbox and 3dsolutech in the past.

I do like how their filamant has the rfid though.

I found Devil Design and stay with, and I’m not planning to change. It just print, glue to the hotbed, nice colors and range of materials types.

Additonally, the nozzle wiper doesn’t really work. Doing another couple test prints (fails) and the nozzle wiper doesn’t do much, but push the filament to the side of the nozzle, creating spaghetti…

But only after first layer isnpect right? The first cleaning is correct? I found that in my machine and sometimes need to push the filament rest via nailfile outside hotbed :smiley:

Yea, that’s correct. It was after the first layer inspection

Next time I will try to disable this. I don’t think we need this inspection for every print. Additionally I walk aroud printer every first 5-10 minutes, my habit from previous self made machine - a lot bad things happen at start.

When it checks the first layer, is the lidar light supposed to come on?

You cant see it unless you look at the video on you computer.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for letting me know

Did another test print and the poop was sitting on the bed as the print started. Had to quickly grab it with my hand. Anyone else having issues with the wiper? Using PLA.

If it makes you fell any better. You put me off taking the leap and buying.
I got smart and now check the forums BEFORE I buy stuff.
Youtubers are full of xrap with their ‘perfect every time!’ prints’.

I can’t be doing the ‘support’ thing 2 hours after I buy something again.

I am getting the same message and when I attempt to print the Benchy it starts out okay but then the front of the boat starts to shift to the left and hangs off the boat. Not a perfect print! I just received my printer yesterday and it is surprising that it is asking me to make adjustments for the first print. I am not very mechanical, which is why I bought the Bambu X1 Carbon, and now on the first days I am required to do maintenance on the machine. Not Cool!

Just got the X1C - upgraded firmware and had the Y-Axis issue. Downgraded the firmware, issue gone but get blob at the nozzle for the first layer.

Massively frustrating - I’ve tried recalibrating so many times, can anyone help?

I should have read a bit more on the forums - I was testing with the included green filament - when I changed to Polyterra PLA it worked fine.

I know there is debate about quality - but this is what worked for me.

Once I replaced the bench hy it printed just perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

If the filament has any moisture content, it will bubble and ooze out of the nozzle. This is part of the reason for the near universal “did you dry the filament” comment you see in forums. I’ve found that most if not all of the Bambu branded filament is wet enough to be some sort of issue. It may be blobby, it may not unwind well or it may be so wet in the case of the supplied Support W that it saturated the desiccant in the AMS, requiring it’s replacement.

As for the lubrication message, sometime in the last 2 or so firmware updates, Bambu added that message and triggered it on first power up after updating. Before there was no indication of if or when it was needed. Now it’s triggered by print time. If it’s a new printer, it’s safe to dismiss it. It just came up on mine after 607 hours. And no, I don’t know what the correct grease is, I don’t know if anyone has definitely figured it out. I will be using super lube grease. It’s fairly neutral and heavy bodied enough to stick but not so heavy as to cause drag.

1 Like

I had a same issue,was really pissed off.But got an info on this forum,that the FW have to be downgraded to the 1.5.xx. I did it and everything was fixed. This is not due to the green filament.

I’ve had my printer for 3 weeks and I’ve had one problem after another since day 1 (no solution so far and no print that works). A friend of mine also has an X1C and it works fine with any filament. I don’t think (as others have written here) that it’s a filament problem (and not with Bambulab’s standard filament). Just check the forum: Filament x works for some people and others have problems (you can replace x with any brand you like).

• The nozzle wiper is a desater (pushes the filament at the nozzle / site)
  • my bed is probably not flat
  • “poop” is being dragged onto the print bed
  • oozing etc. because the initialization can be optimized
  • small prints like a benchy (2x3cm) work more or less , but anything bigger usually fails
  • and much more (2 nozzles “exploded” → the nozzle tip felt off and the whole hotend was clogged)

So I’m not so surprised that others have problems too (from day1).

The best thing you can do is open a support ticket and keep your fingers crossed. With my ticket, they sometimes really long to respond (I’m waiting since over 2 days on an open ticket)

Input: your error message is that the timing belt could be loose → have you checked it?