Bring TPU back to AMS

Have you tried the Bambu Studio Preferences setting that allows you to ‘Skip AMS blacklist check’?

But you can’t load TPU into the AMS.

So you’re still forced to lie to it.

Unless I’m missing something.

I used it yesterday, with my “TPU-faked-as-PLA” filament profile, but I still have to worry that something will print from Makerworld with what the AMS considers to be PLA and will damage my machine.

When you say ‘You can’t load TPU into the AMS’, are you saying that it physically will not work, or that the software does not work the way you want it to?

My thought was that if you used the 'Skip AMS blacklist, that you could then software-wise accomplish your need.

Sure, but then we are talking about what flavor of unreasonable work-around.

The issue with lying to the machine - I load in TPU. I say it’s PLA.

I print a speedboat, the AMS uses the “PLA” and tries to ram 4 pounds a minute of TPU through the system and jams everything up.
If it KNEW it was TPU, it could handle it with kid gloves. Basically, “ignore blacklist” should be a function on the AMS, not a function of the slicer.

There is no AMS software. There is Bambu Studio software. If you use the ‘Skip AMS blacklist check’, can you then use the TPU as you would like without lying to the machine?

If not, what errror do you get and when do you get it?

If you know that something works but don’t allow it straight and only through tricks, no words are needed.

It’s may like by the Prusa mini, which was magically able to print faster overnight with a magical update (just after the A1 went on sale - what a funny coincidence). There are just things that you don’t forget because it shows the rooted structure of actions. The underlying company philosophy and what to expect in the future. Ok, after a companies takeovers, opponents who put pressure on, unexpected outbreaks can come in an unexpected direction.

Communist states can have very strange peculiarities when it comes to leadership and to follow the rules of the boss. Even stranger than in countries where someone has their finger on a line of text and says: That’s what it’s written here… i.e. people who can read but cannot think also say nothing, were raised to remain silent to survive in a slow dying structure :wink:

1 Like

Please try to select “TPU” of ANY sort on the X1’s screen, telling it you just loaded that into the AMS.

I always get an error and it won’t allow this.

I don’t see why we need to drag politics into this. Just remove the “TPU is not allowed” and change it to “TPU is not recommended”.

1 Like

une buse de 0,6 et vous pouvez choisir les profils tpu
pour moi ca fonctionne avec l’ams

French lessons are a compulsory subject at school, so let me try :cold_face::

Merci beaucoup. Il s’agit d’éliminer les obstacles inutiles. Les buses 0,4 fonctionnent également :wink:

Excusez mon français, je n’y ai jamais vraiment prêté attention à l’école.