Can't print old profiles on A1 mini

I’ve realized that most old print profile don’t have an option to print on A1 mini, even if the dimensions match up.

I propose that makerworld runs a script to update all print profile that would be possible to use.

If not possible, I would propose to put a little “not for A1 mini” icon in the thumbnail , a bit like the red “no 3MF”,
so A1 mini user will not think they are able to print a model when they can’t

2 Likes

I just had someone comment and asked for a A1 Mini version, and I was confused. All my uploads fit within the A1 Mini dimensions, but I guess the A1 mini isn’t listed in the print profiles.

Is there a way to manually add the A1 mini to the profiles? Even if I have to reslice the model, I can do that.

For the time being, I uploaded the profile just for the A1 mini.

Edit: So it looks like if I slice the models to print on the A1 mini, all the printers are listed on that profile.

So does that mean when I slice something for makerworld, I have to slice it on the A1 mini for it to show up for the A1 mini? There has to be a better way…

If maker world could just get rid of the printer choice that would be helpful!! 90% of what I try to print should fit on the a1 mini board but isn’t printable because the maker didn’t select the A1 mini. I’ve downloaded just the stl to see if there was a back way around it but can’t seem to find one. Or somehow add the a1 mini to the print profiles. It’s very frustrating not to be able to use this awesome resource due to it just not being clicked as an option. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

I have this problem every time I use maker world!! I’m really hoping they will get rid of the whole printer profile as it is so restrictive to the a1 mini owners. MANY things should be printable and fit fine but aren’t because the A1 mini wasn’t selected in the printer profile. Do you know how to download it in a way that bypasses the printer profile?

Maybe by downloading the profile, opening it in Bambu studio and slicing it as for the mini

If makerworld had an API, I would gladly make a script to do it automatically for all models