Chamber temperature readout

Hi all. Does anyone know the name for chamber temperature sensor in the code?

I’m a bit tired of trying to find best fan settings to keep the chamber temp, so why wouldn’t machine do it for me? After all in the filament code (for TPU) there are two fan levels for the 3rd fan, depending on the temperature. The problem is, both rely on bed temp (which is pretty stupid to me).
Unlike the other 2 temp sensors, which are signed as nozzle_temperature and bed_temperature, it doesn’t seem to recognize the chamber_temperature. Thus I assume call for that one is different - or I’m just not using it correctly.

I looked through some code (not to be a lazy bastard waiting for someone to do it for me), but I haven’t had much luck.

Best regards and any help is much appreciated!

2 Likes

That’s an excellent question. It certainly should, and does to some extent - though not in an ideal manner and not in any way you can monitor or modify.

The slicer is somewhat aware of different filament temperature needs, as it will bring on the exhaust fan above 35C for PLA, but won’t for ABS which needs the chamber hot. However, it doesn’t control anything with much precision and the setpoints for different material types are hard-coded per type and not made visible to or adjustable by the user. At this time there is no automated method to control chamber temp, and no manual method short of crafting and inserting custom gcode.

Proper chamber temp control is on my list of serious issues with the bambu software ecosystem right now.

2 Likes