Colored Text Debossing - a straightforward method

Hi,

I often need to deboss text into the print file, which is nice to print in a different colour. Yet, Bambu Studio lack of this feature.
Luckily, as a university professor, I have free access to many professional 3D software enabling this function. Yet, the process is time-consuming and great hardware is needed for complex prints.

I searched for a complete solution in the typical channels/forums and noticed many were looking for the same feature.
I decided to explore the Bambu Studio and found out what I think is a straightforward method for debossing coloured text into a print file.

Since then, I have had to repeat myself more than three times. I created a very amateur yet easy-to-follow tutorial to avoid doing it again.

https://youtu.be/KnuDQwb-FVs

To clarify, I am not on youtube or looking to. The video’s motive was simple laziness and will to help. I will pass it to pdf whenever I have time.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have doubts it issues.

Did you see these two posts?

@ant I did not—many thanks for sharing it. Let me know if it is a repeated solution, as I would be way more comfortable deleting the post and sharing others’ solution links.
I saw similar tutorials, yet like the one you show, the debossed text is always in the print colour. Or am I missing something?
The difference, and what I intend to do, is to be able to deboss and colour it (i.e. use a different filament).

1 Like

coloring the text is just using the color tool in the studio and using the fill option as the easiest way to color the text. I shared the posts not to encourage you to take yours down but to give you inspiration.

Thank you.
I didn’t think you shared the posts to make me remove the post. I am sorry if I made you misunderstand. If this post is a duplicate, keeping it doesn’t make sense, so I will (if possible ) delete it.

However, besides the one I shared, I am unaware of any method that permits colouring and debossing text using BambuStudio.

1. Using the fill option would be amazing, yet I cannot use it, as debossing only occurs after slicing. So you don’t have the region to paint.
    Also, the height range fails as you get lateral painted. I also tried to repaint the lateral surface, losing the paint in the debossed region.

2. In the post you shared, they mention that by changing to negative, the colouring is lost. So it does not solve the problem.

3. I also tried to save the debossed part, but I could not do it since it only occurred after slicing.

If I am missing the big picture and there is a trivial way to do it, I would be thankful if you could explain. After so many trials, I may be blocked.

2 Likes