Cura profile

I’m looking to buy a Bambu x1-carbon for my dad and I’m really on the fence tbh. Just wanted to add what I found to this discussion.

I’ve created Cura profiles for many printers. Creality, Flashforge and self build printers using Duet3D and Marlin.

I read here that apparently Bambu Lab felt that it was wise to deviate on the implementation of standard GCODE: Bambu Lab X1 Specific G-Code

There also does not seem to be an official list of the actual GCODE supported.

This with the extended feature set might indeed make it fairly difficult to create a Cura profile.

2 Likes

If you find out there is a profile let us all know cura’s print within infill function is far better than bambu’s. I use tpu primarily and “don’t cross walls function” causes the print head to literally run parallel to the outer wall messing up my prints every time no matter how I tweak the settings. Cura makes the print head run down the center of the infill allowing the ooze to stay well clear of any walls. And Bambi also makes the print head do a spiral outside of the outer wall which also causes holes on the wall. Needless to say, I need cura back. I use 3D printing for my business and can’t sell my product with holes all through the walls.

With this being said Bambu is soooo close to a perfect slicer and printer. If Bambu reads this could you please :pray: make the wall cross function further from the wall and more toward the center of the infill. And if there is a way to turn off the swirling motion at the end of an extrusion. Not all of them just some. it would be infinitely helpful.