Downgrading to 1.7.0

I wonder where they learnt to do that? They are most probably patching those older firmware releases to disable SD boot. They might reappear. The firmware that nero was showing is not really new firmware, they’ve just modded the user interface the motion system firmware is still Bambu Labs code. Anyone who understands MQTT will be able to issue those commands they’ve added to the screen the same way that the P1 Touch screen does.

1 Like

I’m unable to downgrade and I have terrible first layers since the latest upgrade. This isn’t good.

1 Like

Try resetting the printer to factory defaults. Has been reported to solve such issues for others.

Its been blocked for a lot of us

1 Like

Did you by chance find a solution? I tried factory reset but and still having first layer issues as well.

1 Like

As i wrote in another place, everyone should open a support ticket mentioning the problems and wanting to downgrade the FW. If enough people complain, they might reenable it.

2 Likes

I did and hopefully it is resolved quickly do you know by chance how long it takes for them to reply?

For first reply a few days, sometimes 3-4. Then quicker subsequent replies.

I also started to have problems with non stop “nozzle temperature malfunction” when printing on Sport or Ludicrous mode since the last update. Seems like they softened the PID heater curve and it cant keep up. Need a rollback really badly.

Check your thermal paste around the nozzle as it’s common for it to dry out and cause difficulties in holding temperature.

5 Likes

Well that sucks kind of expect a quick response from them I paid a arm and a leg for this haha, and like me I’m sure people rely on them like me for work. I’ve even changed my nozzle out to see if that made any difference and nope figured that though it seems they have had this issue in the past with other FW updates and they had a hot fix for it in a couple of days but with the holidays Im sure that will be extended. Just let me roll it back Damnit. I guess i got a expensive paperweight for awhile.

1 Like

I thought i had a good amount on there. I just disassembled the hot end and this time completely slathered it in thermal paste (like it was my birthday and it was KY Jelly!) including inside the hole for the thermistor. Restarted a big full plate print on ludicrous and it seems to be holding the temp! Never thought it could make such a big difference. Thanks so much for the tip! :+1:

Same here. They said that no one else was having this problem when I complained to them. They are lying because they don’t want us using third-party plates. This is pure greed. I already sent back one printer that I bought brand new and now I’m thinking I’m not gonna buy these printers anymore. It’s good but I hate dishonest and greedy companies. If they do this now with the small things, they will do it later with the big things for sure.

I don’t even care about the third-party firmware. Now it is very tempting though because my third-party plates don’t seem to want to work anymore and it is because the nozzle is too far away. Tried to get bamboo to adjust the height because of course we can’t do it on our own through Marlon so had to go back to their crappy plates that I have to add freaking glue to just to get them to stick. This freaking pisses me off and I’m not gonna spend $1500 to be controlled.

Chinese company but what they don’t understand is that in other parts of the world people do not bow to the red dragon!

1 Like

You might be jumping to conclusions. There are lots of people that use third party plates without issue including myself. What plate setting are you using? Have you tried using the textured plate setting as it has more “squish” built in. The amount of squish can be user controlled via the start gcode. There is a thread that you can search that explains how to modify it.

6 Likes

All downgrade to previous versions are gone on my end

Something is happening and I think it might actually be a move towards opening the gares to open source firmware :crossed_fingers:

1.7.1 is working for me but that’s not the point, let us in Bambu

It’s not like these printers have the nuclear launch codes baked in them

Nerds :nerd_face:

Yes, I’ve done everything everything to try and get it to work again. This is a fact, I was using the plate then I upgraded the FW and all of a sudden it didn’t work. Maybe you’re jumping to conclusions on what you think of what I said? Maybe you’re also assuming that I didn’t make any changes to my settings to try and achieve a better squish? I went back-and-forth with them for hours. Thanks for your input but maybe don’t assume that I’m some newbie that doesn’t know anything?

By the way, I was able to downgrade just before they removed the option to downgrade and wouldn’t you know it, the prints started sticking on the third-party plates. I didn’t have to do anything other than downgrade. I’m currently at 1.7.0

So what’s the issue then if “everything is working now” other than you being salty for the sake of being salty?

6 Likes

Im using the bambu texture plate and same thing i was trying to print a lightbox when i noticed i forgot to change one of the colors in it so i stopped it and it popped up with the firmware update so i said screw it i got to reslice this part anyways might as well, but thats when all hell broke loose I tried to print the lightbox again and now theres a big gap between the bed and nozzle and it says my lidar fail it needs to be cleaned but it looks brand new. But if i use orca slicer it seems to fix the issue JonRaymond mentioned the gcode i think that is the key to fixing this issue maybe theres a conflict between the FW and slicer. Try and print a model from the handy app and see if the first layer does good.

1 Like