Filament change not saving in AMS - Keeps reverting to question mark

So this problem just started for me today after months of being fine. When I change a non Bambu filament in the AMS, I usually got to the device tab in Bambu Studio or Orca Slicer and manually update the filament and color, hit done and it saves.

For some reason, now it keeps just going back to question marks now after a few seconds. I’ve rebooted as well as updated to the latest firmware on both the P1P and the AMS today. See pic below. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Same problem on X1C today since loading 4 new Bambu PETG-HF rolls. This is the first Bambu filament I have tried in my new AMS. It detects PETG and the correct color, then reverts to blanks with ?.

Seems to have happened to me. Slot one is ABS-GF and it was used just a little while ago. Haven’t changed it.

I have had this happen periodically, but a power off / power on of the printer has always resolved it.

I finally managed to get Bambu Studio to update the filament profiles, and now the AMS seems to save the detected filaments. I suppose I should avoid Orca until they make it aware of the new PETG-HF.

I found this happened to me the most when I put filament into the AMS when the printer was doing something. I used to have to power cycle the printer all the time to get the AMS to read. Once I started only loading filament when the printer is idle I vary rarely have to power cycle the printer. YMMV

1 Like

That could certainly be the circumstance thinking back… I am often impatient to get setup for my next print :wink:

I’m having the same issue with 2 AMS systems! It’s very frustrating. The worst part is that it reads the correct filament using the RFID says the color and how much is left and then it reverts back to the white and question mark!! I’ve cycled off many, many times I’ve even factory reset the X1C and still it’s happening. Has anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

I just had a similar problem and the problem was that I had Bambu Studio open on more than one computer. Closing the program to just have one open program fixed it for me.

The problem ended up going away, but this was likely the cause. I did have a few instances open over 2 different computers.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.