Filament poop not being discarded out correctly

In about 1 in 4 runs (25%), the filament poop is not discarded out through the poop chute. It ends up somewhere inside the chamber, usually on the bed. Occasionally, the discarded filament comes out of the nozzle and sticks to the metal thingey at the mouth of the poop chute and creates a clog.

This hasn’t resulted in a print failure so far, but I think it’s only a matter of time. This happens so frequently that I am having to observe the start of every print just to make sure. This is just stressing me out.

Discarded poop end up on the bed.

The poop chute is not blocked or modified in any way.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I could have ignored this if it was a rare event. But this is happening so frequently. Is this yet another poor design that will have to be fixed somehow? Is there a mod/print to reliably discard the poop?

Ok. I found this nice thread where they suggested a poop chute extension. I am going to give that a try.

Sure, these are very common issues easily corrected… I solved mine with a similar “Poop Chute Anti Clog / Cover - P1 X1”

Killing 2 birds with one stone…so to speak… the second problem for me was the wiper not cleaning the nozzle (another very common problem) so I printed this dual problem solver…
Also the other issue you mention of the chute exit at the rear (a real inconvenience for me too) was solved by a wrap-a-round chute attachment (to the side) as you mentioned resolved the issue…

1 Like

I’ve been using the poop chute extension for about 8 months now and it works perfect. I had to remove it for a short period of time and the problems reappeared. When I reinstalled it, the problems went away. All in all, it’s an ingenious tool.

1 Like