Filament temperature not held?

I printed the following model: Bambu Poop Chute von AdrianGarside | Kostenloses STL-Modell herunterladen | Printables.com

0.20 Standard Profile with Arachne, 230 degree in sport mode.
And get the following result:

The temperature on top corresponds with my smaller prints (can see it on the shining PETG result), but the temperature on the lower side is 10 or more degree below. It seems the filament can’t be heated enough for this speed.

Apart from layer dependent slicer setting, what could solve this problem? Preheating the filament?

Best regards
Odi

Um, don’t use sport mode with this filament? Otherwise create a new preset with higher temps.

1 Like

Run it hotter or slow it down. To get my petg all the same “finish” i have to run 275-280 at 15mm volumetric speed limit. I could do the same by slowing it but when you run slow on the bambu the quality seems to decline with vfa

1 Like

This seems to be the solution: First Benchy printed with Bambu Lab X1 & CHT Nozzle - Bambu Lab X1 Series - Bambu Lab Community Forum

Snap to plate solution. You can keep Bambu Studio from snapping to plate automatically and easily for any PART.

I have had to figure out this work around for myself. I’m setting up a YouTube channel and its not yet ready. I will post an entry on my fresh new youtube channel named “3D Life Unscripted” in a couple days when its ready. I’m still making my splash page for the intro - that involves this “snap to plate” issue in Studio, so my channer exists but I have not uploaded anything yet.

Here is a SLICED image from Bambu Labs Studio. I’m working on organizing the full step by step instructions and images, but I can share this one image today (3/23/2023).
Side Note: This post is my first ever entry in the Bambu Lab Community Forum so I’m open to suggestions from other community members.

See the reply from from me (arcnestindustries) for a new posting that SOLVES this issue coming on my new YouTube channel called “3D Life Unscripted” I’m still setting up as of 3/23/2023…

It has some photos showing how to do it in it.

Anyone with an X1 Carbon can do it. Step by step instructions with images and videos will be on YouTube soon!