Fuzzy skin, All or nothing?

Greetings

I bought a model from Cults of a Valentine Bear. The creator stated that in 3MF format I should be able to put fuzzy skin ONLY on the bear and none of the other parts of the model (scarf, flowers, etc). I’m familiar with 3MF in regards to multi color prints. I did go into assembly view in Studio (didn’t actually know what that was before) but I could not see how to aply fuzzy skin to just one part of the model. Anyone know how to do that? Would sure come in super handy if that code was cracked!

it is possible, but a little bit of work to do… you have to cut your part and than select the cutted section and enable the fuzzy skin only for that

1 Like

wow. Dang. I’ll have to look at that. Can you break up a 3MF model into objects like that? IF YOU CAN I learned something huge today. Thanks

sure you can… one sec

you can also add an modifyer like a cube and place at on the object and tell it to do fuzzy skin only on that space

1 Like

Those methods work if you are working with planes. I remember doing that in Prusa Slicer. This model is a teddy bear shape. Regardless, I was able to go see all the parts in object view and apply fuzzy skin to just the bears fur so I definitely learned something today! Thanks for that.

1 Like

eventually that option could work if you import an step file where the “skin” of the bear as one shape which you can select…

I will look at that as well. The creator has the STEP file as a download. Have not messed with STEP files much. I guess it’s time to learn another new thing today. I’m on a roll. :smiley:

or load it into an cad software and export the “skin” seperately and add it to the main print as a second part and select the fuzzy skin

People here are making it far too complicated. Download the .3mf, which has all of those things broken out. Load that into Bambu Studio, selecting “Geometry Only”. Change your view to Objects and you’ll see all of those parts broken out into distinct objects where you can choose which ones to add Fuzzy Skin to (and also change the parameters.) The only problem is that they are not clearly labeled, so click on each one and it will be highlighted in the view.

See Successful Prints - #78 by holmes4

2 Likes

Thanks for that link. That is the model I’m talking about. Is that written out somewhere in the Bambu Studio Wiki? I didn’t even know you could do the Geometry Only. Thanks for the information. Also need to start posting successful prints because I’ve had nothing but successful prints since getting the X1C and P1P.

When you open the 3mf in Studio, it will ask if you want it as Geometry Only if it was not created by Bambu Studio. I have not seen this in the Wiki.

1 Like