Got my refund, now for an new printer. Buyer's remorse?

Personally, I am thrilled with my P1S.

That said, if you have the money, grab the X1C just for the little quality-of-life features like the better screen and camera.

If I were buying again, I’d probably have shelled out a little more for the X1C, though I certainly don’t have buyer’s remorse!

2 Likes

Hi I did exactly that, I got a P1S at first because my previous printer was always a hit and miss story. Always requiring constant tuning which was taking too much time off the actual design work… Soon after I go it, I also got myself an X1C… Love them both…if I were to be able to restart. I would have gotten the X1C in the first place… great products

1 Like

I have very little experience in 3d printing my p1s was my first ever 3d printer. I have to say my whole experience with bambu has been excellent so far from printer , set , store, ams, and printer world! The whole eco system as a whole is incredible.
Love my p1s and My next printer will be an x1c unless they come out with a bigger form factor printer that is affordable.

Hey mate, got my first printer 3 days ago, X1 carbon. I absolutely love it, awesome print quality, easy to use. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 Like

Hi
I am thinking of doing exactly the same ,I went down the repair route .
Have you had your voucher yet ? I have not

Not yet. Think it will cone with the new heat bed.

X1C would be my choice, especially if you print engineering stuff and will probably be using Carbon and Nylon at some time in the future. I own a P1S and agree completely with you about the screen - in a word, it sucks. X1 series are much better I think, although more pricy, they do seem to have better features…

I had the A1 and returned it during the recall for the P1S. After 2 solid months of using the P1S I don’t regret a thing. The display is not an issue as the Bambu Handy app does everything the A1 display did and more. The P1S (with AMS) is awesome. It’s a much better product by far. Prints are more consistent, and all that bed-slinging is over!

I was in a similar position as you just a couple of weeks ago.
I finally decided on the X1C as I wanted to print with carbon fibre filaments etc. which requires a hardened nozzle and extruder gears which the X1C comes with but are upgrades you will need to carry out on the P1 series.
With the cost of the Panda Touch and the upgrades this closed the gap on the price, so with the added extrusion calibration, lidar 1st layer check, better camera etc. the X1C seemed the way to go.

Buy a cheap Ender and be done with it.

I don’t really get the complaints on the display for the P1 series. I either use my phone or my computer. I rarely interact with the display on the machine. Even my X1 I rarely use the screen other than to check a print progress if I happen to be in the room.
If you are only doing single rolls, I recommend the P1S. The AMS is very finicky with rolls other than Bambu even though I have heard others not having issues. I have actually had less issues out of the P1S than I have with the X1 as far as prints go. Don’t get me wrong, there are very few issues I have encountered on printing with either, but the P1S seems to be more consistent.

1 Like

I got the X1C and what I find useful about the touchscreen is when I set up filaments in the AMS, I then set the filament type and color there, so once back at my computer, I sync the config back in Bambu Studio.

I run a makerspace at a school and we have 2 X1C and 1 P1S. I definitely appreciate the X1C screen over the P1S. We have a grant to get another printer and I requested another X1C.

I 100% agree. the display is functional, when I need it it does what I want. hardly use it.

1 Like

I didn’t even use the display since day 1. You can control it from your phone and PC. why’d you use a led screen which is worse than your phone

1 Like

Yes, I have received my voucher.

I’ve been using resin for aver a year now, but just jumped into the FDM world with a P1s. Its been 3 weeks of ownership so far, and other than setup, Ive never used the touchpad. Its a non issue to me as i use the app on my phone or my PC in the print room. So as far as that dilema, I dont think it matters to me what screen is on there. This printer is exceeding all excpectations so far! I have about 11kg worth of filiment used so far and only had 1 failure so far. I was able to troubleshoot the failure reason with the help of the forums and fixed the issue. No buyers remorse here, and if price was no option I would probably add the AMS to this printer or buy another P1S lol. Hope this helps!
Damon

1 Like

I rarely use my phone for anything. I hate using 3rd party apps. I reckon I’ve got one of the most uncluttered phones in the Universe. I do use laptops and PCs, though, because they’re much easier on the eyes and inputting through a keyboard is way faster than thumbs.

My P1s is in another room, away from my desktop pc. I run it in Lan mode. Never uise the phone, you can’t anyway. The p1s display is plenty good enough, It’s mainly used to load/unload filament. I don’t have the ams.

1 Like

P1S is the way. I’ve been running mine almost daily since Christmas and the only issues I’ve had, were user error. 500 hours on the original stock hotend and still going strong.

3 Likes