Horizontal shifts when changing filament - inaccurate homing?

I had this since forever and I think I saw this issue mentioned somewhere before. Whenever the X1C changes filament, the following layers are shifted in x/y by about 0.2 mm (until next filament change) causing these ugly lines (you can also feel the bumps):

Has been an issue since early firmware versions, running latest firmware currently and it’s still a thing. Any solution for this? It can’t be layer bonding issue because the shifts are quite perfect, seems to be a homing inaccuracy.

X1C firmware: 01.06.05.01
AMS firmware: 00.00.06.40
Total print time: 1500 h
How reproducible? 100 %, also happens on auto switching AMS slot to same material when a spool runs out.
Steps to reproduce: print a tall part (e.g. support interface using Bambulab Support W for PLA) using AMS

Did some more test prints, custom pause gcode doesn’t help. Needs more changes in the gcode that the AMS uses.

I have that same problem, whenever i manually swap filaments to fill in gaps on same layer i notice it doesn’t print exactly where it is supposed to.

Interesting that this came up as we were just talking about the homing sequence in this thread.

I don’t see any G28’s (homing) in “Change filament G-code”.

Adding a X/Y homing call (G28 X Y) here may help but depending on the repeatability of the Bambu’s homing sequence it may also make things worse as it re-references the print location.

4 Likes

Hi
This happened to me after doing some maintenance. On the first filament change it shifted it’s position. The cause was the belt tension. One was much tighter than the other which caused the axis to be out of square. When the head moved to the poop chute for the filament change it touched somewhere and shifted. After retensioning the belts everything was perfect again. Took me a while though ti figure it out.
Uli

2 Likes