Irritated with the Bambu Lab logo plastered on models

It is extremely irritating that there are so many models being posted with the Bambu Lab logo plastered on it. It gives the appearance that the model is somehow approved by Bambu Lab.

The logo should only be allowed on official Bambu Lab models.

2 Likes

This is up to BL to enforce how, when, and where they want their logo to be.

But I agree, most models slap the BL logo and it is tasteless AF.

While I don’t really care either way, I do think that most people put the logo on their creations, because they are proud to own a Bambu printer. In a lot of circumstances, creators have created alternative models due to requests to have the logo removed. You might try reaching out to the creators and asking the same.

3 Likes

If you instead just assume that adding the logo doesn’t equate to Bambu Lab approving it, does that fix your problem? That would be the safest assumption in most cases.

3 Likes

【Announcement】Updates and Removal of Violating Misleading Models and Profiles
7、Misleading logos: For example, using official logos like “bambu,” “bambu lab,” “bambu recommend,” etc, without proper authorization can mislead users and create false trust.
I believe the issue has / is being addressed

1 Like

That is only if you mark the picture with a bambu lab logo (like how they label exclusive models with the Bambu logo), it doesn’t apply to putting the logo on your 3D print. They made a post clarifying this at one point.

This is how I see ppl who slap BL logos everywhere:

3 Likes

It doesnt matter to me i actually have a print with the logo by x?x? and i can see the official bl profile / account

i believe it/has/was addressed

My post was not debating my interpretation of their wording. I am not expressing my opinion about what I think they meant.

Bambu made an official post, I think it was on this forum, but I can’t remember where for sure. They clarified and specifically said that people are allowed to include the logo on their models and it only applies to marking the picture with the logo.

Third time a charm ? (25 characters )

3 Likes

Thanks for the link.

When it says, “Using the MakerWorld logo on model and profile pictures to imply official endorsement is strictly prohibited.”

I interpret “model and profile pictures” as model pictures and profile pictures, but not meaning on the actual 3D printed model.

From everything I’ve read, this is the answer. You’re prohibited from implying that your model is official but the logo is allowed on your model.

4 Likes

I remember seeing that as well.

1 Like