Just purchased the X1-Carbon Combo 3D Printer, software

That looks to be an easy print for an X1C. As for the “Default Settings” - they are generally very good out of the box, but in the real world every printer is slightly different despite BL’s generally good QC. Tiny changes add up.

As a result, it’s generally suggested you run some Calibrations on your machine, particularly tuning the Filament Profiles.

Bambu Studio is the Slicer / Machine Control program (a Slicer takes models like you posted and slices it into layers for printing). Many of us use OrcaSlicer instead. It’s virtually the same app, but has some extra settings and a bunch of one or two click calibration tests that let you get spot on prints.

You save the settings it finds and in the future when you use that filament you choose your save profile and you know it will be right.

Fan settings - These are usually pretty dialed in. That said doing a large blocky solid engineering piece may need different settings than a delicate castle with lots of tiny details.

The Slicer generally handles the fans fine but you must understand 3D printing is not like buying an Inkjet printer, you don’t just plug it in and go.

I think you realize that from the number of Q’s you have! :wink: :grin: Good on you! Learning is very much part of the game.

If you’re up for a bit of a read, I wrote a long a$$ed post (I’m a wordy sorta guy) about Bambu Studio and OrcaSlicer for people just starting out.
https://forum.bambulab.com/t/psa-up-your-game-studio-softfever-orcaslicer-arachne

Cheers!