Just purchased the X1-Carbon Combo 3D Printer, software

Hi and welcome!

as @Thrawn said, you’re pretty good.

The only things I would add are:

Many people like (including me) the PEI Textured plate. There is also a well spoken of PEI plate from WhamBam3D.com that you might consider instead. Just search on here for it, you’ll find discussions.

I’m not sure your intended use, but if it will be for business you might want to pick up some common spares. A Hotend Fan, a heater (you get three) and a thermistor (same) come to mind. I did and got a .6 nozzle so I used one set of parts to make a full ‘plug ready’ hotend. Makes it easier to swap between .4 and .6 setups - three plugs and two screws and you’re done.

For filament, I’m in the US so not sure how the distribution is there but Polymaker is a personal favorite. They have a wide range of choices (PLA, PETG, Engineering stuff), colors, and deliver in a hard vacuum, thick bag.

I find the consistency is excellent, and they have excellent documentation and charts to help you choose.

Finally - software. Bambu Studio (BS , LOL) is excellent. Many people find they prefer OrcaSlicer, which is a variation on BS. I wrote a (long) post on the subject so rather than repeat, I’ll link, it’s here:
https://forum.bambulab.com/t/psa-up-your-game-studio-softfever-orcaslicer-arachne/

Now - the big one, Fusion 360. If you intend to make parts for sale and plan on serious income then you must buy it. $$$

But - most of us have it for free under their Hobbyist / Student license plan.
In the US I believe it’s a $1700 / year limited income (from a design you do in it) to remain in terms for the free version. I have no idea how they monitor that :wink:, it’s not an issue for me.

There are a few very high end features not available but unless you plan to build moon rockets (real ones) you’re good.
Cheers back at ya!

1 Like