Major layer shift mid print @ same level repeatedly

That’s happened with me one time when I chose sport speed.

Automatic recovery from step loss.

“If the printer detects it may have skipped steps due to hitting the print or something else causing it to by monitoring the motor current/load, it will home X & Y and continue to print to make sure there is no layer shift.”

Did you ever figure out what made the layer shift happen. This exact thing happened to my poop shoot also. At almost the exact same layer

Still trying to figure this ■■■■ out :grimacing:

HELP MATES!

I cant figure out how to fix this :sob:

Look, heres more stuff - I just cant get it to print right… I really, really need your help to figure out how to fix this and what is wrong.

What version firmware are you currently running?
01.06.00.00 had issues on my new machine.
See Four day old X1C Y axis low - #30 by what2print

I updated the firmware to latest firmware 2 days ago,
today another firmware pooped up and I am updating both X1CC right precisely now.

Oh I should give you the B I G update,
yesterday I noticed B O T H my X1CC layershifts :cold_face:

One is from January (Mebbe Feb?!?) second is like 7 weeks old…

I need your help mates,
I can not fix this!

Did the service on my first X1CC, tensioned belt a couple of times, rebooted both PC and both X1CC’s
I dont have a clue how to fix this or understand what is wrong.

I am in dire need of your help mates!

Is this happening because I was so happy and satisfied with my first X1CC so I took out a loan and purchased myself a second X1CC? :sob:

Revert back to the previous firmware.

probably lead screw issue. If its always at the same exact height it may be sticking or something.

1 Like

Oh, can it happen to both X1CC’s at the same precise time?!?

I will look at them…

Thanks for the tip bro, I’ll let you know my findings

I think this is an issue with the new firmware as my x1c did this today.

I was printing the built benchy test and I heard clunk and the layer shifted by 3/4cm.

I was also getting the Y resonance is low error before the shift.

Rolling the machine back to firmware 01.05.02.00 fixed both issues, so can you try that and see if it works?

Regards

Rob

I also had this exact same issue after updating to the latest firmware. Reverted back to 1.05.02 and no more issues. Hope this helps.

Same for me with my brand new X1C.
Just received a reply from support that a hotfix should be released in ~2 weeks.

I have 3 X1C. Updated to 1.6 and got layer shifts. Never had them before. wonder if they’ve messed with the motor voltages in trying to fix the VFA issues.

1 Like

What is VFA?

“The text must contain at least 20 characters, end quote”

Vertical fine artefacts. Typically caused by motors or belts.

Same issue. Here’s my fix. New printer, latest firmware. I printed the included Benchy, twice.

I noticed the video on my SD card ended at exactly the layer shift layer so I figured there was some issue in writing to the card that was messing the controller up. I left the card out, video was off and it worked. Haven’t dome any more testing beyond that. My card is a Sandisk Ultra 32GB, formatted in the printer. Glad to see it might be a firmware issue.

(My photo is uploading properly here, but it says I can’t put media in a post (?) )

1 Like

Try recalibrating and then print a benchy you sliced after the update, that’s what I did.

Got my X1c today and when I started it up it said there was a firmware update so of course I clicked ok. Well 2 benchys later, shifting layers in the same spot, cleaning, re-tensioning the belts and lubing the z screws I came across this post. I rolled back to 1.05.02, tried another benchy at ludicrous speed and it had no issues.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

i am having a problem with the print:

I am printing a rig to insert an aluminum profile 30x30x240mm where i want to print on top.
due to the nature of my .stl bambulab gives me a warning that it might be unprintable (part of it is floating in midair.)

I am inserting the following code in the first layer after insertion, so that i can enter the profile:

G1 Z100.0 ; move print plate down for user intervention
M400 U1 ; pause for user intervention
M104 S290 ; hot end temperature to 290C
G28 X Y ;Home in X and Y

However after the printhead resumes print, it seems it freaks out due to detecting my profile and does a random movement. It is random as in every of the three tries, the movement was different.
Do i have to deactivate the lidar or something else?
I am a bit clueless on how to proceed.
Any help is appreciated!