Merge parts

To add to this, the file MUST be an STL for this to work. With a 3mf file it will never ever ever ask you to combine them. Good lord this was so frustrating to figure out. Had to go old school back to the STL to make this finally work in Bambu Studio.

Right, so I imported two stl models for miniature figures, one with a base one without. I sliced the base off of one, and want to set the figure on the base. Doesnā€™t seem like I can.

• When I try ā€œassembleā€ it puts the base halfway up the figure. Canā€™t move things in assemble view.
  • When I position the figure over the base itā€™s feet are buried. Moving the figure up in the z-axis, only works for a moment, then it drops back down to the plate.
  • Saving the base as a separate .stl, then ā€œadd partā€ ā†’ ā€œloadā€ brings in the base, but for some crazy reason it is positioned off the plate (under the plate!)

I gave up and ā€œadd partā€ ā†’ ā€œdiscā€ and just made a generic looking disk, FTW.

Adding my question here to avoid staring a new thread and this somewhat similar.

Once importing 2 STLs and assembling, is there a way to ā€˜snapā€™ two objects together?

So I want to stack 2 STLs perfectly on top of each other. The issue is that when I use this method, I can drag the second STL to the position, but I canā€™t get it perfectly flush. So it creates the below line since there is a difference in layer height at that point.

The actual print also shows this line.

The newest 1.9.1 Beta 4 version of Bambu studio has added an assembly tool.

1. Added an assembly tool for creating assembly relationships between objects. Currently, face-to-face and point-to-point assemblies have been achieved.

The current beta holds a lot of promise with all the new features seemingly heavily requested and/or useful ones.

Looking forward to its final release.

Itā€™s just a shame they canā€™t be run side by side. I think itā€™s a Windows limitation with the software that means the same limitation is one the Mac version (I understand).

Iā€™m guessing you mean run the beta and the release version?

You could perhaps run the release version in ā€œPortableā€ mode?

Sorry, yes, I wasnā€™t clear, but, your guess was correct.

Iā€™ll take a look.