Missing Screws On Inside Of Side Panels - X1 Carbon + AMS

Let me know if yours is missing them too. I counted 8 that I could easily access, but there are probably 2 more behind the camera/electrical cover on the left. Maybe 4 more behind the back plastic panel as well, but I refuse to do this work for what I paid.

There are 2 at the top on the right side corners you can access if you remove top glass. Then there are 2 on each side vertical frame posts close to the front door. The last 2 are in the middle under each side of the middle horizontal frame (you will need to remove the aux fan off the left side to get to that one).

1 Like

From what I can see using my flashlight all the screws are there

I’ve got 3 other printers myself which is why I didn’t even fully trust my Bambu

My other three took a lot of work to get running nicely because they are cheap

They were no help and offered no solution. If it’s missing screws for the side panels, who knows what else is wrong with it.

I would open another ticket and see if another employee offers a better solution or answers

1 Like

If you are getting different noises from round models specifically, it probably is the file type. It’s pretty well documented. Their suggestion about using a higher resolution .step (or .3mf) should help considerably. The issue is the printer moves too fast for lower resolution circles/cylinders. Most regular printers print slow enough that it isn’t noticeable.

I would open up one new ticket just for the screws.

1 Like

I also don’t have any screws at the locations shown in your photo’s but I have no issues whatsoever in regards of rattling sound and have been using the printer for a little over a month now.

I already did my research, and did many tests to confirm it has nothing to do with the model or the mesh. I did 3mf high mesh count from fusion360 to slicer, and I also did step export and import to slicer which both had the same issue.

The loud noise specifically seems to only come from the circular sold infill around 150mm/s-200mm/s+, but it does not make the noise on walls or other line types that are circular or straight lines printed at that speed range. I specifically changed the settings so the walls and the solid infill were right around the same speed to confirm this, but it only made noise on the solid infill purple lines that were in that speed range.

Here are some photos to show you what I’m talking about:

over 12k triangles in a part that is roughly 24x24x4mm as you can see mesh is not the issue.

2 green lines that are solid infill will make loud resonance noise, but internal/external walls, and the slower speed solid infill wall will not.

Here you can see all lines roughly same speed, but only solid infill will make the noise

These lines are quiet

These lines are very loud

This sounds to me like it’s simply too fast for this type of infill on this particular design. From the wiki page I linked to earlier:

But when printing speed is high, A lot of transient impulse signals will be produced at the turning point of the segment, which brings about noise and vibration.

So if the model is high quality, the speed is probably too fast for this particular design and is going to make noise. I would guess the high infill count along a turning point that requires X and Y movement is what’s causing the majority of the noise. I’m assuming that you’re getting the noise because the solid infill is having to make a lot of rapid short lines along the arc of the circle.

Have you tried slowing it down? Less infill?

Simplifying the model in the slicer might help too.

I also checked this today and from what I can tell I don’t have any screws in these spots either. From what I can tell, the majority of the ones pictured just go into the aluminum side case. Doesn’t look like there is any thread behind them either, so I don’t think there is meant to be screws there…

It will make the noise using the stock setting profiles. If this is too fast, why do they have them set like this from factory? Turning my speeds down from the preset speeds makes no sense to me, sorry.

and saying the holes are not threaded is clearly not true. I put M3x6mm screws in all of them with a lock washer, so you might want to check again, bud.

few pictures for you

Because every model is different? It’s like saying “my car can go 100mph, but slowing down going around a corner makes no sense to me.” The printer in theory can still print at the stock speed, it’s just going to make noise because of the reasons I showed you. It’s too many short movements in the arc of the circle. If you want less noise, you have to slow down that particular part of the model (more than likely the infill).

The black part is threaded. There is no thread behind that. Nothing to mount a screw into.

Looks to me like these are for attaching P1P side panels. Because the P1P side panels are multiple pieces, they have threaded spots in multiple places for multiple attachment points. The X1Cs are one huge side panel, with no additional threaded mounting spots.

So again, I don’t think your printer is missing any screws. And I’m pretty sure that your noise issues are what I described above.

They would not weld on threaded studs on the X1C side panels if they didn’t intend to put screws in them. Clearly they did not have screws in every hole on early models like yours, just like the early model had the Aux fan double sided taped on, but now they have threaded studs, which makes it obvious the assembly line is not up to date on what is required for latest frame design.

This is a waste of time at this point, so you can believe whatever you want.

All of mine are like this
threaded panel holes

I ordered my X1C on Feb 2nd and received it Feb 9th. I have the Aux fan that is screwed in (you can see the Aux fan screw in the picture I posted):

Yes, I agree.

I do appreciate you trying to help, and sorry if I was rude. I am just really frustrated with the printer, and I am seriously regretting my purchase at this point. Hopefully support helps me resolve my issues one way or another.

It’s all good, I understand. Yours might need screws given that you have the welded threads, where others do not.

I still think the noise is related to the speed of the infill on your particular design, and is probably not something support will be able to fix (cause there isn’t anything to be fixed). While the printer is super fast, you still have to tinker with the settings to get the to be optimal, given all the complexities involved. So on a model like you want to print, it’s still going to be able to print certain things like the outer wall at a higher speed, but other things might need the speed slowed down because it’s too many quick, short movements along the arc which is causing more noise than usual.

If you look at your actual model in Bambu Slicer, and look at the speeds after it’s been sliced, and make sure the “travel” setting is turned on, you’ll probably see the paths creating the noise.

If anyone has similar issues to the loud resonance on circular solid infill patterns like I did, this is what I unchecked as a temporary solution:

This will do rectilinear pattern instead of concentric. For whatever reason, the concentric sold infill causes major resonance on my printer. The missing screws in the side panels just added an extra grinding vibration noise to it where it sounded much worse than it was.

1 Like

I think this is the best picture to send to support. As I wasn’t 100% sure what you meant with “threaded” in the previous pictures you posted. Mine does not have any threads or welded nuts at those spots (I do have the screwed in aux-fan).

So the other pictures might also confuse support.

1 Like

New update on my troubleshooting: Vibrations and sounds getting worse the more I use it. I found major scoring on the left side smooth rod which is probably where most of this noise is resonating from. Either the gantry is out of alignment, or the bearing was faulty from the start.

I also noticed the fibers in the belts are starting to show in some places from the belts walking up the idlers and rubbing over and over, so most likely the gantry is out of alignment which will only cause more and more damage over time.

Bummer dude. Something is for sure off with your machine.

When did you purchase and when did you receive it? Still very strange that yours has those spots for screws but no screws. Did support ever get back to you on this?

Bought Feb 11th, and received Feb 22nd.

Unfortunately, the support has been pretty useless so far. The guy pretty much ignores half my questions, even after I repeat them in every reply I send back. Not once has he offered any troubleshooting procedures or test’s during this whole process… I was hoping for some GCODE of movements to test the gantries, or some kind of diagnostics test to narrow down my issues, but they haven’t offered any solutions or tests yet.

I have basically been my own support throughout all of this. I have tried just about every test I could think of, without removing anything or disassembling the machine. It feels like I’m being blind folded with my hands behind my back since I dont know what I’m allowed to do without voiding my warranty.