Multi process for one part

Hello to all.

I need to print parts with different settings depending on the height.

Let me explain. My RC aircraft parts need to have two walls for the first five millimetres and then only one wall until the end.

This is very easy to do on simplify3D with different profiles but I haven’t found the equivalent on bambu-studio.

Can someone tell me how to do this please?

1 Like

I imagine you can use modifiers and just change the number of wall loops from 2 walls to 1 wall and the applicable layer. There was a similar question about changing infill percentage at a certain layer height and I provided the following workflow for that

I was in a similar situation yesterday - I struggled a bit that the option from PrusaSlicer ‘Height Range Modifier’ is not available here. Modification models can be a strong option but a bit to much of an setup (and I still struggle to position them correctly).
But in my opinion an ‘easy’ alternative is to ‘CUT’ the model at the desired height (e.g. 5mm) without any rotation (Cut Tool | Bambu Lab Wiki) with the option ‘cut in parts’. In that way it keeps the model intact. Then you can adapt several of the setting (including infill, nr of top and bottom layers, perimeters) independent from each other. You have only to switch into the ‘object’ tab.
Hope that helps - it is relatively easy once you get a hang on it.

3 Likes

“But in my opinion an ‘easy’ alternative is to ‘CUT’ the model at the desired height (e.g. 5mm) without any rotation with the option ‘cut in parts”

this works great. Thanks for the super obvious answer I was missing.

Hello.

I’ll try to cut the piece and see what it looks like.
Thanks for the tip.

A big thank you to you. It works perfectly!

It would be nice if it was based on layer number instead of height… that is : available at the splicing stage.