My list of issues/deficiencies with the X1 and BS

This is an exceptional comprehensive list—the best I have seen!—that I hope the developers and engineers take the time to appreciate since it does the work of listing out common user problems for them and gives them proposed common sense solutions. Many of these are limitations and issues I have already noted and personally experienced myself so I am grateful you took the time out over the last few months to craft this list. I hope the right eyes at Bambu Lab see all this valuable information you had laid out for them and act on it.

5 Likes

I agree, excellent work :+1:

3 Likes

As 3D printing newbie, I think I only followed about 60-70% of what was being said here, but what I did follow I completely agree with… especially the Arranging and Painting section.

3 Likes

Totally agree with these points! This machine is absolutely incredible compared to the competition but implementing these features would take it to a whole other level. especially the filament library is a great concept. Although maybe not realistic on a global scale but more for a per user basis.

I would love to see the option of having a locally hosted management server/database that removes the need for an internet connection and allows users to build their own scalable optimized printing environment.

Bambu Lab engineers, PLEASE take note of these kinds of posts. This is how you can take over the 3D-printing market and continue to innovate.

7 Likes

The reason the filament database needs to be centralized is for the benefit of P1P owners who can’t do a lidar-assisted calibration, and even X1 owners who don’t want to be bothered running a calibration on a new spool of popular filament. Obviously users should be able to opt out of calibration data sharing if they wish, but most people are fine with sharing the results of a calibration that they’re running anyway in order to help the community.

4 Likes

Irritatingly, the top post is no longer editable. I don’t know if it’s been manually locked or if editing is automatically disabled after a certain period of time. Adding and updating items farther down the comment chain is certainly not ideal, but if this is what is required, then I guess it is what it is.

General usability

• Users should be able to create GCODE macros which should be triggerable from macro buttons on the device status page. For clarification, see how Klipper does it.

I also had the editing issue - when you jump up a trust level on the forum it will be editable again

2 Likes

do you have add BambuStudio or bambuHandy related feature requests / bugs to github as well?

2 Likes

Pinging @Ciprian to unlock your post. One way around this is he could make it a wiki in which case it would be community managed as well.

1 Like

:pray: Well done, very Good description off issues. I hope someone notice this

3 Likes

Amazing summary. These changes are spot on and much desired… @BambuLab please take notice.

2 Likes

I noticed last night that there is a button now to sync the AMS back to the slicer, but it’s subtle.

Great write up!

3 Likes

That button synchs the dropdown list with the current filament in the AMS, but does not populate the slots in the slicer. Every time you open BS, you still need to manually add 4 slots (or more if you have more than one AMS) and manually populate those slots from the dropdown menu.

Yes, it’s not an enormous chore or anything. But there is no rational reason why the software cannot automatically add the slots and populate them itself on launch.

4 Likes

Does it populate the RFID spools at least?

legendary breakdown. I hope they listen.

2 Likes

I just tried it out and there does seem to be a button that does exactly what you’re trying to do. I’ve got the AMS loaded with 4 different spools (both bambu and third party) and i can import them into BS slicer with the click of one button. So this is already a feature or am i still missing something?

1 Like

Is this setting (the second) the one you are looking for ? Found it in the smart phone app.

1 Like

Excellent list. And as a developer, the perfect way to present issues with detailed explanations and also suggestions for solutions. Makes it easy to add as a ticket to a JIRA-board and prioritize.

I fully agree with the suggestion for a “Database” of filaments. I’m actually amazed that the AMS has so few filaments already presented. I’m pretty sure Bambu Lab has tested the X1/C with tons of different filaments and already know a lot of the properties of these.

I have a AnyCubic resin printer and use Litchee slicer. One thing I love about it is that when I use new resin I can go in and look at what settings other have used with that brand/type of resin and choose to use those settings (or not). It’s a big community database of settings for all sorts of resins.

We need the same for filament.

6 Likes

There is a community list here Bambu X1/AMS Community Spool List - Google Sheets

1 Like

So it does! That must have been fixed in the latest version, because in previous versions, that button did not populate the slots. It merely updated the filament dropdown lists in include the current filament in the AMS as a selectable option.

I’d cross that off the list, but I am still unable to edit the original post.

2 Likes