Need better seam

I drop my seam gap percentage from 15% to 10% with aligned and slow down my outer wall speeds between 145-120 mms depending on the print and layer hight

It works well but there are times where it just doesn’t help, in that case I will manually paint the seam in an inconspicuous spot

I’m working on dialing in my random seam position as the default settings leave little spots on the surface even in the internal memory 17 minute Benchy you will see them at the back of that bastard little boat

With 10% aligned you barely see it if at all, at least on the Benchy

Benchy prints are limited in size and quality settings, what works well for a Benchy dies not necessarily translate over to large prints

3 Likes

I’m the exact opposite

If I can offer a solution then I’ll hand it out

We’re 3d printing not holding the codes to the nuclear launch sequence

It’s been a struggle for me as there are people out there absolutely not willing to help but instead offer incorrect advice or belittle a new person to the craft

To each their own, but if I can help that’s what I’m doing

I don’t hold it against you, you’ve got your reasons and I’ve got mine

I’m an a$$h*le myself so we have that in common at least lol

8 Likes

Nm, so apparently people use a fork (OrcaSlicer) of Bambu Studio which has quite a lot more features.

Here is the link incase anyone wonders why the hell some people here have more options…

2 Likes

I suspect different layer heights will be variable but I found slowing down travel speed and outer wall speed the most effective in creating smooth seams that are barely detectable. Tuning retraction length and speed helped a small amount, but slowing print speed was the most effective for me.

1 Like

Also have seam issues with nearly everything I print. Even the built-in designs that are meant to show what your printer can do come out with seam issues. It’s crazy to me they ship a £1500 ready-to-go printer that produces worse seams than an Ender 3

Sadly, Z-Seam in Bambu is very poor. It’s missing important position options, and it’s very buggy. Two of the same model on the same bed, in the same orientation, will put the Z-Seam in different spots. Usually it will even start in one spot, then move to another. For many of my models, I have to use my SV02 for MM, in place of my P1P, due to inability to put the Z-SEAM where I want, when it’s easy in Cura.

I must admit using ASA at the moment and despite killing bed levelling and flow alterations, plus tuning in Orca slicer, my Z seams are way too variable, sometimes they are adequate, and other times like the Grand Canyon.

I wish there was a seam tuning facility to help dial it in, as it’s really counter intuitive at the moment. Also even though I disable flow correction etc, using PEI plate, the X1C still does it’s frequency shake… probably sstuck in the pre-start code, but why it doesn’t not do this is a bit of a misnomer to me.

Mike

1 Like

Best seams I’ve come across have been using Kisslicer, which really does some magic to hide them! just a shame it seems to have been out of development for a long time so it probably a bit behind the curve now…

1 Like

bumping for official support…

2 Likes

The “Seam Gap” setting is only available in the orca slicer (fork of the Bambulab Studio).

Only a note, if someone wonder why this option is not there.

1 Like

It’s now in Bambu Studio, just enable “Developer mode” in preferences and it will available.

4 Likes

Thank you for this. So much bitching, nice to see someone just write something useful :+1:

Thanks that was helpful

1 Like

I am not seeing this as the seam on the Bambu is horrible compared to the Prusa