New X1-C with AMS - X & Y Frequency issues and zero first prints

Finally jumped on the X1-C hype train (have mostly Prusa models that I’ve put together) and was so excited to just “plug and play” with this thing.

For the most part the printer is super straight forward. However, I’ve been plagued with constant errors and calibration issues I wouldn’t expect from a device that markets itself as something that doesn’t need all that TLC from a kit would.

Been trying to get this thing to print for the past 1.5 day’s since its arrived. But am unable to make it past the “1st order mechanical resonance mode of x/y axis is low the timing belt may be loose” error.

I’ve followed HMS_0300_1000_0002_0001 The 1st order mechanical resonance mode of X axis is low | Bambu Lab Wiki

Still can’t get this to get passed the error. I tried to print the benchy as some in forums mentioned it shouldn’t be an issue unless it “always” happens. However, the filament adheres fine just before print, then as it starts it just doesn’t adhere to the plate and begins pressing against the extruder and I just cancel print.

I opened a ticket via the application and am waiting now. But I figured asking for help here would be the best other option in my quest to get to my first print on this thing.

Thanks

Hello,

I have not run it to this but another member had this problem It was a bad tool head PCB.

frequency on X and Y axis is low

1 Like

I did see that on this post and a few /r posts as well. Seems like a QA issue with that part? Sucks to have on a brand new unit.

1 Like

Ya not fun you could try unplugging the USB c cable from the tool head and main board reseat it.

Hope you get up and running soon :v:

I’ll give that a go and see. Down to try anything that might help make it work.

So I tried that and noticed the USB-C cable had a pretty sizable pinch in it. Almost penetrating the protective coating. Unsure if that would affect anything.

1 Like

Possible it cut or shorted the wires internally.

It’s definitely a possibility. I’ve ordered a replacement as I’m sure to get that before a support response it seems. I was able to get a benchy and scrapping tool to print but not the best quality. Seems to be expelling filament (drippy nozzle) well before its actually ready to print.

Keep us updated I even have a backup usb c cable in my collection of spare parts.

Also turn off the ( first layer inspection ) it’s known to drip filament before printing look in print options.

1 Like

Wet filament can cause that as well.