PA, PA-CF, PAHT-CF or other high temperature resistant filaments

Maybe rough was a bad choices of words. It’s a good finish if you like the CF look. Hides layers nicely. It’s just not that ultra smooth surface like when using plain PA. The CF is part of the heat resistance characteristic that I need though.

I use Bambu PAHT-CF with good results, however if you want higher temp resistance you need PPS. It prints slowly and its not cheap but its the best for heat resistance.

@maximit, Do you think the X1C can hand that high of a temp requirement using the PPS?

Yes a few people have done it as am I planning to as well. You need to go at a somewhat slow as PPS printed at 300c is on the low range of the melting point of the material. I think you should be able to slice in Orca or Bambu by picking X1E for printer and lowering the print temp on the profile to 300 and slowing down speed, or just by making a custom profile under X1C.

PAHT is great. I print all those materials mentioned on the x1c and just use the recommended settings with a .4 nozzle. Everything turns out perfect on that machine. The only material i cant figure out so far is ASA.

@nickde258, ASA prints with the same practice as what I use for PAHT very well. First, go ahead and heat the bed up for about 15 minutes prior to starting your print. I’ve found that using glue on the high heat bed works best for me. I actually bought a lightyear bed specifically for printing ASA and never have any issues with it pulling up or warping.