Pause at layer?

One way would be the Pause-Button, but I don’t know if there is a way that the printer stops automaticly…

Right click on the layer slider will give you the option to add a pause. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Its a forum where you are allowed to help. If you don‘t want to help, you don‘t need to answer.

6 Likes

@froboz I appreciate your suggestion, but I find your comment to be rude and unhelpful. We’re all here to learn and support each other, and it’s important to foster a positive and welcoming community. Suggesting that I’m treating forum members like unpaid search engine chat bots is not only inaccurate, but also contributes to a toxic culture of negativity and discourages people from participating. Let’s focus on being helpful and supportive to each other, and avoid making assumptions or jumping to conclusions

6 Likes

One other additional fact is the Inspiration of other People. Actually I have no need for this feature and would never have asked for it. Now I know that it is possible to do this, so i have it in mind for upcoming projects.

3 Likes

Responding rudely to a duplicate thread does not clear anything. The thread continues to exist, but it does show you making things toxic

What’s wrong with you dude…

1 Like

He thinks he’s better than all these peons. Overinflated self worth. He replied this way since he knew he was already going to be banned.

Move along, nothing to see here … LOL! Now the helpful people can have some peace.

3 Likes

pause
Very simple, very useful.

10 Likes

Why is it always the people complaining about safe spaces and snowflakes that are so sensitive when they get called out for being an asshole?

Anyway, I’m glad this got brought up even though it could be found in search cause I had no idea this feature existed.

2 Likes

Can the Z axis be moved for more working area while paused? I’m printing now but plan to experiment on something simple but thought I would ask. I believe it will resume only having this experience in my former CNC machines. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi, I am also looking to pause the print to put magnets into the print.

I have used the pause function but that is all it does. is there anyone that knows how to pause the print, then drop the bed to be able to reach the back of the bed, i would like to put magnets into small items and there can be up to 100 on the bed. After I resume the print I would it to raise the bed back up and clean the nozzle then continue.

Is there anyone that may be able to share GCode for this?

Many Thanks

1 Like

I just figured this out. Edit the “Machine Pause G-code” and replace the single line with the following:

G91      ; Set relative positioning
G0 Z100  ; Lower bed 100 mm
M400 U1  ; Pause for user interaction
G0 Z-100 ; Raise bed to original position
G90      ; Back to absolute positioning...
M83      ; ...but extruder relative!

This is tested and works just fine (what took a while to figure out was the very last line). The only caveat is you must not use this at a height of ~15 cm or more - the bed wont be able to drop the full 100 mm but it will most likely raise 100 mm afterwards, hitting the nozzle.

YMMV and I’m not responsible if ■■■■ hits the fan if you try it out. I will certainly use this myself from now on, when embedding magnets.

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you very much I will try this out.

Hi, this works well for the small parts I am making.

Thank you

Though I learned a lot from the other fellows reply to this question, I have been using a much easier way ( in my opinion ) to lower the bed after pausing the print for placing magnets inside the model…. Once the machine has paused, you can lower the bed from the LCD screen control area. It will always know where it was even if you move the head itself ( only with the controls - do not move the head manually as it could loose its location in the 3D space ) so I found it fairly easy just to lower it by 30 mm by tapping it three times, dropping a small magnet in where it needed to be. When I was finished, I just tapped the RESUME in the Nav hub and the bed would raise up and the head would move back to where it needed to be and it would begin again. I hope that helps.

Happy printing

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I had the idea to try that but forgot about it. This is great to know for sporadic use. For mass production the auto bed down is probably nicer.

Hi folks,
just learned ow to pause a print. But how to insert the above into the gcode?
I am asking this because i cannot find the editable gcode…

G91 ; Set relative positioning
G0 Z100 ; Lower bed 100 mm
M400 U1 ; Pause for user interaction
G0 Z-100 ; Raise bed to original position
G90 ; Back to absolute positioning…
M83 ; …but extruder relative!

3mf files are not easy to edit…

Simple as adding it to the Pause G-code field as explained.

4 Likes

great! Thank you so much!!