Hi everyone,
I’m fairly new to Bambu Lab and 3D printing in general, so I’m curious if what I’m experiencing with filament availability is normal.
I’ve been waiting for Bambu PLA Matte Caramel (11803) for quite a while now. I really like the colour and want to use it for several upcoming projects, so I’ve been holding off on placing my next filament order until it’s available.
The frustrating part is the changing ETA.
Over the past few weeks, the expected availability went from September 3rd to September 4th, and then it was moved again to September 7th.
Today is September 7th, and so far Caramel is still showing as unavailable in the EU store.
Normally I’d simply order the other colours and buy Caramel later, but because of Bambu’s bulk filament discounts, that doesn’t make much sense. I have a larger order of around 10 rolls ready to go, so one unavailable colour is effectively holding up the entire order. If I order the rest now and Caramel becomes available tomorrow, I’d have to start another bulk order just to get the same pricing.
I’m not upset that a particular colour can be out of stock, obviously that can happen. What I find frustrating is having a specific ETA to plan around, only to see it repeatedly moved when that date arrives.
So, as someone new to the Bambu ecosystem, I’m genuinely curious:
Is this normal for Bambu filament restocks?
Do the ETA dates usually mean that stock will actually become available on that day, or should I treat them more as very rough estimates?
And how do those of you who regularly buy Bambu filament deal with this, especially when trying to make use of the bulk discounts? Do you wait, place multiple orders, or have you simply moved to other filament brands when colours are unavailable?
I’m really enjoying my Bambu printer and I like the PLA Matte I’ve used so far. I just didn’t expect that actually buying the filament would be the difficult part. ![]()
I’d be interested to hear how long-time Bambu users handle this.
Thanks!
