Please add a much needed camera brightness slider

Please can you add a slider for camera brightness adjustment as I can hardly see anything when checking print remotely especially when printing black, I am sure it would be easy to add a software gain adjustment to the camera menu,
Thank you all ät bambu labs you are all :+1:

5 Likes

Which printer do you have?

If it is the P1P, do you have the light installed?
I saw a post some time ago mentioning that printing a lens for the light using a white filament that diffused the light better really made a difference.

I never got around to installing the light on my P1P. Just the light on in the room gives me a good view to see what is happening.

+1

It would be great if we get that. It doesnt matter if I use the standard LED bar or a much brighter light, the software respectively the white balance darkens the picture too much.

Precisely it’s only a matter of software tweaking so that the camera can enhance the brightness of the pixels make it even do clever stuff by brightening the dark pixels but not so much the lighter pixels so it doesn’t blow out the light parts of the image, I’m sure that some bright person at bamboo labs could change the software in a few minutes if they wanted to,.
Let’s hope they see this and apply the changes it would be awesome.
I definitely agree that you don’t need any brighter LED inside my Google pixel phone takes awesome pictures almost in the dark without any flash at all

The camera in my X1C only appears to set exposure once, at startup. So if I have a bright light shining in to the printer when I start a print job, and then that light source goes away, the image is under exposed. Similarly, if I start out in a darker setting and then turn on a bright light the camera is over exposed. And even when it isn’t doing these things, it’s still a little under exposed/dark. I have a lamp I shine on the printer from above to improve the image brightness. But the exposure controls were “exposed” in the Studio/Handy UI, those issues would be history.

4 Likes

Maybe the P1P camera does have a tiny advantage. :grin:
It seems to adjust well to a very dim room, normal room lighting, the LED, and even to a very bright work lamp that I sometimes use so I can see better.

This is such a basic and easy feature to add. Even if there was simply a button to manually re-auto-adjust the brightness, that would at least be something.

I always chuckle when people who have no idea what is involved in “adding a feature” say it is easy to do.

6 Likes

Up-voting this. I have the X1 Carbon and when I turn on the light and watch the camera I can see it does an auto brightness adjustment. It starts out great (bright), but reduce the brightness to where it’s difficult to see a black part in the chamber.

It would be nice to manually adjust.

It is objectively simple. If the FW was open source, it would be done already. There is no excuse for this feature to still be absent, a full year after the launch of the printer.

You’re right, thank you for including it in your list of improvments.

Also the idea to include the output of the door switch in BS would be super helpful.

4 Likes