Please make a tungsten carbide nozzle set

Please make a tungsten carbide nozzle set

8 Likes

why you need a thungsten carbide nozzle set ?
any specific use for it ? or anything special about itthat a hardened steel nozzle can not do ?

1 Like

Mostly longevity and not requiring swap out for differing material types… had great results consistently for a long period of time with one carbide nozzle over many many brass or steel nozzles

5 Likes

it does seems interesting then
i personal only worked with E3D nozzles and mostly steel, so i can not really say much about it as i still use my old steel nozzles from 1 year ago
they keep up verry well compared to brass nozzles

so i guess it depends if others see a certain value in it if they will make a new nozzle avaible or not
i am sure they will keep it in mind , but to be honest i do not think it will be for any time soon.

3 Likes

Tungsten carbide might be too much weight.

The real advantage of tungsten carbide nozzles is not in longevity or hardness over hardened steel nozzles, as they are fairly comparible in that way (tungsten carbide may have a slight edge but it is also more expensive typically). The real advantage is that tungsten carbide has a thermal conductivity that is as good as brass. Therefore, if you have all your filament profiles set up for a brass nozzle, you can use the exact same profile for tungsten carbide…that is why I use one on my other printers. If you use hardened steel, you will need to increase your hot end temperature 5-10C over brass nozzles due to the decrease in thermal conductivity of hardened steel. However, as the X1C profiles are already set up for hardened steel and they don’t offer a brass nozzle, this advantage doesn’t exist…so I doubt they will offer up a tungsten carbide nozzle…

4 Likes

Forget the tungsten…I want a Bambu/Diamondback collaboration!

13 Likes

What https mohrland20 said is spot on. Tungsten Carbide (not tungsten) is the bomb!!!

2 Likes

According to Zack Freedman’s latest video, this is a reality. While interviewing one of the guys that works in ChampionX’s 3D printing lab, he says that ALL of their printers in the lab use Diamondback nozzles. As Zack pans around the 3D printers in the lab, there are a couple of X1Cs in there alongside their assorted VZbots, Vorons etc.
So by deduction, Those X1Cs have diamondback nozzles fitted to them.

6 Likes

I saw that as well and I really hope it will result in a easy-swap complete hotend