Printing Polypropylene

Hi All,

I would be interested to print Polypropylene but there isn’t a setting in the Bambu slicer. Has anyone had success with this filament and if so, would you be open to sharing the settings used?

Thank you

2 Likes

Me too. I’m also looking for some guidance for PP.

I saw a short video on the wiki (“PP trial”) but there was no info on best print settings.

2 Likes

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing. Interestingly, my order of Centaur PP arrived today and will give this a go. (once I unblock the extruder for the 2nd time, after using cheap PP) I really appreciate you taking the time to share.

1 Like

Just a quick note to say thank you again. I used your settings and got a great result! Thank you!

2 Likes

what kind of dimensional quality you achieve, is it similar to Bambu PC?

1 Like

I’ve never used Bambu PC or any PC I’m sorry but it was the perfect size as it doesn’t seem to shrink. It was quite a simple flat piece 160mm by 45mm and it was mm perfect

1 Like

Ok nice, I have bought PC and PP I will try to see if i can get very precise dimensions with these mechanical properties but hard to print materials.

1 Like

Thank you all, I’m thinking of buying the printer even more now because of this thread. Any issues common to other printers like bed adhesion and/or warping of PP parts? Any hacks required like covering the build plate with PP packing tape?

Thanks for this. I am a new X1C owner looking for any quick tips/guidance on running PP. In fact this will be my first time running anything more than PLA.

I’m not a novice but this machine is quite different to the basic fdm’s ive owned.

Any links appreciated

John A
Pinehurst NC

To get PP to stick to the plate i’m using 3M Transpore.

Its a surgical tape and it does the trick.

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/p/d/b10105967/

An important note is that this tape stick good to the plate.
I have not tested to use i.e glue on the plate first and then the tape.

I know most here know that already but it is worth to always check vendors website.

You either get details about the required settings like these : Fiberlogy PP | Polypropylene filament - extremely durable and flexible

Or in eSun’s case they even offer a Bambu Filament Profile as well as Bambu Process for (almost) each of their (generic) types - like ABS+, PLA+, TPU etc