Printing with the correct color filament?

Not sure if I should put this in the AMS section or not.

I’m finally getting the X1 Carbon to print. Most have been just single color from the AMS.

I was trying to print a single color print using filament that is located in the 4 spot. I changed it in the slicer and sent it to the printer but it is printing from the 1 spot.

I edit the filament on the slicer for the correct temps and colors. I even did the same on the printer.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

maybe

Pretty sure there wasn’t even a solution to the question in that thread.

Did you click the AMS sync button to make sure it syncs with the printer? This is in Bambu Studio.

2 Likes

I had sync’d it before but still wasnt printing the right colors. Last night I removed all off the filaments from the slicer, added them back and sync’d it too the printer and I was able to get a partial print.
It worked on 2 colors, I had to stop the print cause it did a layer shift at the color change on both the purge block and the part.

There is no need to sync the AMS slots within Bambu Studio. Honestly, I would say you should avoid this as long as you don’t use Bambu’s filament.

Once you start a new print (from the Slicer or from the Printer itself) - on the screen prior to start or submit the print, you have the option to select the slots from AMS to use.

1 Like

I’m starting to think this printer has a mind of its own.

I ran a small print with 3 colors and had no issues with the colors printing in the correct locations.

Then I scaled the same print up and changed the colors to a simple 2 color print with only 2 color changes. I didn’t change filaments at all.
Right away it is printing a color that I didn’t use.
I let it run to see if the next color change would be correct. It was but it had a layer shift at the color change so I stopped the print.

I had even went back to the slicer and verified my color choices and i still can’t figure out the problem.

Hi,
I’m still not sure what and how you start your print. Does you mean that you started your print, selecting the correct slots (i.e. as you can see as example from BS
) and it still used different slots?
If you can’t state your workflow, it is hard to identify the problem.

And for example to get a bit of a grasp… this is my setup of colors in BS (as I had used different color options throughout different plates within a project):

It worked all the time well for me.

1 Like

Probably the TS will have a solution, seeing the date of the start of this thread.
I was having the same troubles. That’s why I’m here. For future reference: What I found out, is that when switching filament, you have to either have Bambu filament (build in RFID) or tell your printer, on its display, what filament is in the chosen slot.
Then sync it with the Bambu slicer. Now you’re good :wink: