Problem Cable Chain Upgrade Kit in connection with the AMS holder

Thanks, I was so smart that I could change it so that it fits. I cut it out first. I was thinking more about adjusting the mount file. This is offered in the wiki. It would be nice if there was also the right one there and you didn’t only see afterwards ■■■■ that doesn’t fit.

… and on the right side the ptfe hose grinds on the rear edge of the holder.

Can you share a photo showing that? It’ll likely be helpful if Bambu Lab is looking to create an alternate version of that AMS holder.

The right side

heh my amazon chain + printed holder does this too. I was planning to buy the official one to see if it had the same issue. I see that it does. Maybe if we print more cable clips?

Hello, I also had the Amazon chain before it and also the printed PTFE hose holders … 2 pieces. But I didn’t have the “problem” there. The cable holders would not bring anything on the X1C chain. The chain drives under the holder and the PTFE hose is attached over it and would always be in the way. I don’t know if it is different if I no longer have the compulsory lead from the hose but then my filament always drives so badly into the print head.

But otherwise the chain does not hang as far as the Amazon chain. The conversion was worth it, again combined with other problems.

I was about to install the chain, so I better wait for now to have bambulab to create a AMS Mounting solution which is compatible. The did good engineering with the P1P however they made a mistake there…

I guess you are right, there is a big red remark on the shop page now. When I ordered it a few month ago (still here in the box, haven’t opened it yet) the remark wasn’t there. Also I guess the cable chain will colide with the P1P LED light.

2 Likes

Well PrinterMcGee your are not right it seems, BambuLab sent me another P1P Toolhead cable which is compatible with cable chain and they sent me this video on how to install on P1P… So the cable chain is compatible, but however you cannot use the LED light as long as it is installed it seems.

You can quote how much you like. But the fact is that the chain is compatible, it’s the tool head cable that’s not. That’s why they send new cable after the purchase of cable chain.

Not sure why this guys being so combative. You are 100% right. I just purchased the P1P toolhead cable, and X1 chain from store. Bambu support told me to not install X1 chain, even with new toolhead, and to return it when it arrives. Definitely some confusion out there, but that is their latest response as of two hours ago.

1 Like

Check out this post. It looks like they have a KB article stating it’s okay if you replace a few additional parts. Any comment from them on that?

When I followed up citing the information by their own company and others online, they responded stating the X1 chain is not recommended for install and to please return it when it gets delivered for a refund.

They don’t recommend the P1P be enclosed either. And even more people have probably done that mod successfully. I guess you should do whatever you feel most comfortable doing.

That’s incorrect to an extent. They have an entire article about precautions to take if you are enclosing the unit, and they also did not advise against the enclosure which I mentioned in email, they only advise against the chain. Hope this clarifies things for people!

If you’re referring to this wiki article, then my statement seems to be 100% correct. In fact, the article starts out like this:

“In general, we do not recommend our customers modify and close the chamber themselves, which may cause a series of assembly and heat dissipation issues.”

That’s incorrect to an extent. The same wiki article states the following:

“The cable chain for P1P is not available yet. But some customers may choose to purchase the cable chain that was originally used for the X1 series for a more complete enclosure. If so, please read the following reminders

The article continues on to explain that the PTFE tube and toolhead cable should be changed if installing the cable chain. And if the P1P was manufactured after March 2023, the toolhead cable does not need to be replaced.

In the Bambu Lab store, they state the following:

The cable chain may have a risk of damaging the P1P toolhead cable . It’s not recommended to assemble the cable chain on P1P 3D printer.”

However, if following the advice in the wiki, it seems perfectly safe to do that mod if you have a newer P1P or have replaced the toolhead cable.

Again though, it’s your printer, so do what’s best for you.

You’ll find everything I stated consistent with Bambu’s communications directly to me. I am not speaking on broad forum posts, I am speaking on the latest support communications I received. You seem to be getting bogged down in the semantics of certain things here. I specifically state that Bambu provides precautions to take if enclosing. They also did not dissuade me from doing this when I stated it over email. I will however continue following the direct advice from Bambu and not installing the X1 chain. Best of luck with whatever route you decide to take.

You are speaking on information that’s not publicly available or possibly from a Bambu Lab employee who is disseminating incorrect advice. And, unfortunately, we cannot find that information since it was privately shared with you.

Furthermore, you’re recommending people don’t install the cable chain because a Bambu Lab employee told you not to do it – with no additional context explaining why it should not be done.

All of the information Bambu Lab has posted states it’s perfectly fine to install the P1P cable chain if you take those few things into consideration.

You are an amazing person and everything you say is the holy grail of truth! Thanks soo much for continuing to correct me on the advice I am trying to share about the latest communication received from Bambu about this topic. You are totally right though, their own employees definitely know less than you, and are spreading false information around as you stated!

I’m simply sharing the latest publicly available information officially shared by Bambu Lab. I’m sorry to hear you’ve received conflicting advice elsewhere and are now confused as to which path is best.