Quality issue with right top slope of hexagonal holes

Huge improvement after running my own calibration and reducing speed. Model printed at 50% scale.

The print is actually better in real life than in these pictures.

I ran manual calibration for Flow dynamics and Flow rate. My values were very close to what you mentioned @vladimir.minkov

Here are the changes from Generic PETG:

Pressure advance (K) = 0.04
Flow rate = 0.94
Speed Outer wall: 70
Speed Inner wall: 120
Seam: Back

My filament is FlashForge PETG.

Thanks for the detailed input and help everyone especially @vladimir.minkov. You have been incredibly helpful. My final version can probably be fine tuned further but I will consider this issue as resolved for now.

2 Likes

Happy to help and Good printing , it took me months to get to that result , as i have Prusa MK4 which just prints PETG and PLA better out of the box with next to zero tunning and a bit wet filament does not matter, and almost gave up on the X1C for PETG was using it mainly for ASA/ABS , and initially had the same Problem with PLA but thanks to some of the Forums suggestions and many tests got both working equally well to to the MK4
@mindlessgreen one last suggestion reduce the acceleration to around 4000 everywhere where is 10000 or higher than 4000 and travel speed max to 300mm/S, at least for me makes a big difference in quality and repeatable accuracy. I do it only when need maximum quality , accuracy variations gets down to 0.020mm-0.04mm on a small prints( the speed does reduce a bit, but not that much compare to the result)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.