Replacement / Longer power cord questions

Good day everybody my X1c will probably be shipped out in the next day or two. The wall that I want to place it at does not have a grounded plug so it’s only a two prong plug. However, I do have a long power strip that reaches about halfway to that wall but my buddy told me that the power cord for these printers are extremely short. But they are a normal Computer power cable configuration. I was looking at some on Amazon and just curious if there’s any specific specifications like amperage or wattage or anything like that or if anyone has put a longer power cable preferably 10 feet or more I’d be interested in your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.

You will want to be sure that the printer is connected to a properly grounded plug. Without a ground you become the ground when you touch the printer and that is never a good idea. Is your wall power 110 or 220?

2 Likes

I also replaced the cable with a longer one from the PC. Even with a larger cross-section (1.5mm2) the original Bambu is 1.0mm2. The longer cable is not a problem, but the ungrounded socket is.

Here’s the power consumption data athat will help you decide:

Yah. That’s why I wanted one a little longer. So I can use the extra long power strip that reaches near that wall.

Wall is standard 110. That’s why I need a longer cord. I have an extra long power strip that is grounded and goes near that wall for my shrimp tank. So longer cable would ensure it can go there. I ordered an Amazon basics 12’ one.