Send projects to the sd

Question to p1s owners: is it possible to send files from bambu studio directly to the sd that is in the printer? So that I can send the files to print later without going through pc? (For example to always print a library of usual objects).
Thanks to all

There are people that have had success FTP connecting to the printer, however it doesn’t seem to work fully to transfer larger files. There’s a thread here that tells you more: We can now connect to FTP on the P1P - #27 by EpsonStylus

1 Like

It is not supported in Bambu Studio but is possible through FTP. However, there is no advantage to doing it that way because one cannot launch a file from within Bambu Studio, one has to go through the front panel. Also, I have not been able to find a workaround but in the one or two occasions where I did this, the firmware insists on going through a bed levelling task which sending the file through Bambu Studio doesn’t. That bed leveling can take up to five minutes.

You would likely find it quicker to take an SD card and from within Studio or Orca, just send the GCODE or 3MF file straight to the card and put it in the printer. FTP does work but Bambu did a Sh*tty implementation of it so it is quite slow. Also, I believe FTP only works in LAN-only mode but double check. I found FTP indispensable for downloading time lapse videos though and that’s about it’s only saving grace.

1 Like

In the slicer use „send plate/all …“ instead of „print plate/all“. Then the gcode file will be transfered to the printer and can be printed from the display.

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses.