Stringing Issue or Support?

I am about 2 weeks into 3d Printing so and I have so much to learn! Over the weekend I have been printing with some wood filament and both models I am printing are having a similar issue where a few layers end up as strings on the bed rather than in the print. While the print finishes and they are still useable there is several rings of grooves where these missing layers should have been. What is interesting it seems to be occurring in similar areas on both models. Both these models from my understanding do not require support however Bambu Studio seems to think so. I did not use any support when printing these. The first photo of the Planter you can see the groves where the missing layers are. Since this is a wood filament I begun sanding them down so you can imagine they used to be much more visible. The barrel is still printing however it’s very similar, the arrow in the photo indicates a very similar situation where there is a few missing layers where the metal band would be wrapped around the barrel, this is only occurring on the lower band on the barrel. Also, the barrel is multi-color and the filament that the missing layers is occurring on, (Lower Metal Band) is not a wood filament. is this a support issue? Seems like most people who are commenting about these 2 models are indicating no support needed.

Any feedback on what is occurring here would be appreciated

The barrel - Barrel - Sea Of Thieves by bugman_140 - Thingiverse
Planter - Succulent Planter 11 by cgpena - Thingiverse using planter P11

Here is the Barrel that is currenting printing.

That are support or Cooling Issues . Your Problem are the bridges. If you print that area with support , the support material is too far away from the bridges .

Stringing looks complete different and have nothing to do with it .

Work on your support settings . For the barrel it is the same .

2 Likes