Suggestion for Improved Rating System

Mixed messaging

The captioning for the reviews needs to reflect the same for users and designers, right now they do not.

If a designer gets a 3-star rating, this represents a problem with the print as shown in the additional information they are asked to provide, yet, almost always fail to provide it. The designer gets no points as MW believes 3-stars to be a failure. So why does the user read “Average”, not “problem”?

Knock-ons

In truth, MW expects designers to maintain a 4 or higher average score or points are no longer awarded. This isn’t a revenue issue, this is a messaging issue.

The messaging for the user and the designer should be the same, as it stands, it is not.

Reality

The rating system only rates print profiles and not models. Most users believe it is for models, you can read this in the few times people bother to write anything.

80% of the time I get written ratings, that are positive, getting meaningful information in a report that shows actual feedback that helps fix a problem is a rarity.

If someone flags an issue, a photo and description must be provided or the report must be ignored otherwise it is pure fantasy as it has no useful or relevant information.

Ratings can’t be improved without feedback. The existing system does nothing to provide that. It is liable to abuse.

When I spend days printing various ways to fine-tune the outcome, the likelihood of a print profile I create failing on the user’s side is remote. This means I need to determine the non-profile-related problem the user is experiencing so they can print my model.

Another improvement
The ratings should be split into one for the model and another for the rating.

Screenshots of rating options

4 Likes