And I just found the reason the Sunlu PETG snaps and crackles like rice crispies even though it is pre-dried.
And thus, your conclusion is?
(a.) thoroughly dry Sunlu filament for 12 hours prior to printing, as soon as removed from its package;
(b.) not bother with additional drying, as the additional drying won’t improve much Sunlu’s relatively poor hydrophobic properties;
(c.) not care that much for how dry it is, or it could get; I’ll simply put it in and print (Qué Será, Será);
(d.) dropping Sunlu for being to unreliable (read “thirsty”) for my prints. Going for the next best thing on the market.
So… if you would choose between (a), (b), (c) and (d), which one it’s gonna be?
I swear, every time I touch Sunlu or their offspring companies, I want to bash my head against the wall. Received Inslogic PETG Pro to try, fully sealed bag - opened up and inside there is a tangled mess with plastic that looks like it was warped from overheating…
Usually, there is an expectation that the filament is tightly wounded on the spool and somewhat straight, not like a wavy mess… How come Microcenter 10 dollar PLA has everything fine, but not that “premium” brand lol.

