I guess this also relates to the new level of trust Bambu is trying to achieve with it’s user base. Weirdly I’ve only seen it posted in the Community tab and nowhere else(not here, reddit, twitter…etc).
I run newset firmware, I had to reset the printer nad my P1S is not calling anyhting.
It was alwasy like that, since day one. But there are ways around it, you can ethernet network your P1S using something like this: " GL.iNet GL-AR300M16-Ext Portable Mini Travel Wireless Pocket Router" from amazon. cost less than 50$
That is still a wifi connection. Typically, those needing an Ethernet connection want an RJ45 connector on the printer. Even if the wifi is only used for the printer, going wireless at all is prohibited.
both your computer and your machine need to be accounted for, and I’ve found that bambu studio is not a happy camper when it does not have access to internet. The devices themselves, I gave up on trying to do fully offline without an account (to do LAN-only job sending), it was way easier to just let them phone home during setup and THEN close them off. If I were on someone’s salary trying to do this actually airgapped, I’d have put them back in the box and bought something else.
Or just used a wifi hotspot that isn’t on the corporate network in order to complete initial setup and then putting them in LAN mode, there are workarounds for that initial setup step which mean no data is sent from your network
If a boss asks you to do that in an org that cares about security to the point of airgapping, you should be negotiating the size of the wheelbarrow of cash before continuing
Checking network connection from the X1C in LAN/Dev mode: it pings Microsoft, Apple and Amazon.
What does yours do?
Not sure why it would matter as you’re not breaking any security in the process, nothing is leaving the corporate network, you do know i said wifi hotspot and not wifi AP right? as in, entirely separate from the corporate network in the first place and only for initial setup, what data do you think is going to get leaked exactly from a blank machine?
It would be the same process as setting it up off prem and then bringing the device on-prem once you’ve set it to LAN only
Some top tier paranoia going on here
Difference of opinion. My price on that is very high.


