Thermal runaway situation occurring in nero3d livestream

Have you guys run into the thermal runaway that came up on the nero 3d livestream today(2022-01-06)? Its in the first few minutes of it and currently live.

No, but he has a pre-production review unit so it is possible it is fixed now.

He got it to happen on his P1P as well.

1 Like

This is no good. Why is this able to happen Bambu?
1:38:00 is after the new PCB was installed and also happened in P1P

1 Like

Please check our statement about this:

1 Like

Hi guys!

I am an electronics engineer, doing electronic and software design. I have been running an industrial and building automation company for more than 26 years now and read the statement carefully twice.

From my point of view the whole statement sounds reasonable. This includes the problems they experienced while implementing security features, like drained heat by metal tools due to user interaction / opening the door, top lid, fan influence and even possible user modifications.

Thus, I consider this device as save as it can be. I would just reduce the delay for the software protection to kick in while the head is moving / the print is not paused (no user action considered).

Kind regards from Vienna

Christian

9 Likes

Does it sound reasonable that pla can combust at 288c and the X1C sits burning up at 300c? Doesnt sound to reasonable to me…

Hi @Droopydroors42,

welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:
You are right, but this is of course not the intended use and happens on failure only. BL will of course reduce the response time.

The important thing is nothing wont burn at 300 or 400°C except plastic and your fingers… :wink: