Unable to print this morning - LAN WITH CAMERA FEED NEEDED NOW

Now I cannot print, see these 2 messages, this is becoming tiresome and it appears that bambulab are doing nothing towards the enhanced LAN ONLY mode as requested by so many people.

Silly follow-up question, but can’t you slice your files straight to the micro SD card and then insert that into the printer and print from that?

1 Like

yes of course, but the issue is the instability and unreliability of using the cloud solution.

I simply don’t agree with having my print files sent to china and back again, when the printer is just a couple of feet away from me.

It’s a HUGE security issue and, Bambu will never be able to sell their printers to Government institutions or educational institutions because of this defaul requirement to send everything to the cloud and back.

I guess I’ve just gotten so used to having to save files to an SD card for my Creality printers that it never occurred to me what a handicap not having LAN access is. Thanks.

1 Like

The new prusa MK4 is lan mode enabled out of factory.

While using a LAN Only mode helps, I still can’t access my camera!!!

As much as I like the X1C, I’m probably gonna switch to Prusa soon if I’m forced to send data to China everytime I want to print.

2 Likes

I send a tiny 8 min. print job to my P1P. Upload was no problem, but the download took 20 min. and stuck at 79%. I already logged in and out, but nothing happend. Please kill the rubbish cloud print allow local printing!!!
2023-03-31 (1)

I’ve seen the MK4 and it is great. Love that they have the upgraded MMU3 as well. We are stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany so may take a trip to Prague soon!

As far as I can see here, nothing is sent to China. Instead traffic is routed to USA.

They are using AWS, aren’t they ?

Well at the moment maybe, but the point is it’s very inefficient to send you print data to the USA or China or wherever, round trip of probably 20,000km, when the printer is a just few feet away from you :slight_smile:

Other than this, I intentionally avoid anything that uses cloud services / subscriptions, especially IOT devices and such like.

It’s pretty trivial to setup a vpn or do some NAT port forwarding to achieve any kind of remote access you need, as far as I can tell this is a marketing gimmick so they can advertise the fact that you can control your printer from anywhere in the world, which is also potentially dangerous as well, if there’s nobody there to intervene should something go horribly wrong.

Hello,

You can use this link for checking the status of the services: https://status.bambulab.com/
And for your particular issue, LAN mode is already available.

Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that Orca Slicer works as expected, so please try using Bambu Studio and try again. I believe that the problem might be related to the slicer used.

If there are problems when using Studio, feel free to open a ticket and we will help

Regards
Ciprian

1 Like

Hi, thanks, yes LAN mode is available but the camera feed is not.

What I am asking for is FULL LAN FUNCTIONALITY and not partial lan functionality

:slight_smile:

There was a petition some time ago for the availability of the camera in LAN-mode ( [Petition - feature request] LAN-Only Camera ) but I have not read any response from Bambu on this request.

Yeah, they seem to purposely ignore that - I created that post.

Now that Prusa made their move, maybe Bambu will recognize they can’t ignore us.

To be honest, I wasn’t impressed by the Prusa move. It is still a bedslinger, just with some parts from the XL, but I will wait my judgement until I have seen it in action.

For the LAN mode, I think they are working on it, but so far they have never told us what they are working on before it was ready and (at least halfway) working. They might ship the feature with the next firmware update, or they may never ship it, we have no idea.
For the X1C it should be much easier to implement, not sure how much more compute load the P1P can handle though, it already appears to suffer a lot from its slow micro controller.

1 Like

Idk, maybe after 15 years working in tech I’m too simple minded, but to switch a camera protocol from cloud to lan it’s something that can be done in maybe 1 sprint, especially with such high demand from the customers.

And then the feature needs to be implemented in a print farm, tested thoroughly until they are sure there are no side affects for other parts of the firmware like introducing lag spikes to the motion system or whatever else could go wrong there.
I do not think we will see firmware updates more often then once every 3 months.

Lets get it done.