What do you find best suits your filament storage needs?

I went with the “big trunk” idea which doesn’t help the OP – but that was also 5 months ago, lol.
I wanted to avoid the cost and trouble of individual single spool solutions. I’m using the Sterilite 80 quart gasket bin, about $15. Side note: If you have a WalMart near, that’s the place to get one. Transporting these in a onesie-twosie manner takes up lots of space on a delivery truck, so Amazon is usually twice the price.
I purchased some PET sheet panels and 3d printed some L shaped pieces that screw into the sheet on one side and screw into the container on the other to create 3 sections to keep the spools from just sliding around everywhere. In the spaces not taken up by spools I have desiccants containers and attached a hygromneter to the top.
(Gotta love the south, opening the box long enough for the picture and 35% humidity
For unopened spools, I’m using a sterilite 105 gallon container which holds around 22-24 spools, more if they were all refill spools. This container is a perfect size fit to the “Amazon Basics 4-Shelf Adjustable, Heavy Duty Wide Storage Shelving Unit” Again, WalMart.