X1 Firmware Release 01.06.00.00

Was prompted with the OTA update to 1.06.00.00 so hit update. Immediately had issues with starting any prints, AMS was failing to pull any filament through. The onboard camera would not connect. Could not run any diagnostic tests as it drove the build plate/z-axis into the bottom of the frame and kept running without any feedback loop to stop.

This is why I never update to ‘current’ firmware in the modern age of in-service user testing. I’ll stick to my original plan of being 2 revisions behind to ensure it’s always working.

Rolled back to 01.05.02.00 via the Handy App and voila, it all works again.

Pretty much what I exactly suffered too and reported here

Seems like a wrong place to report this bug? The issue is with firmware not with bambu studio.

Yeah a github for the firmware may be more helpful. Actually.

Or just a bug tracker but at github style…

Afaict, firmware bugs are to be reported here: Bambu Firmware Bug Reporting Thread

I have been able to set up and use the LAN only but the Camera capability is still not functioning. I also have to use the 2g WiFi bandwidth as the printer will not show up in the “My Device” on the device menu. I posted earlier on this.

I too did this today and could not get the bloody “issues with the Y axis frequency” to go away. Printed a benchy, and it was all out of shape. Rolled back to 01.05.02.00 the Y axis is gone!!! and benchy prints perfect.
What is wrong here???

1 Like

Because I have been seeing people having issues with Firmeware 01.06.01.00 I tried a test. If I printed a presliced benchy it skipped steps and printed really bad. I got the y-axis error, after it was done I did a complete calibration and the y-axis error went away. I sliced a benchy with Bambu studio Version 1.7.2.51 and then printed it and it printed great. Here are some photos of both.

Your top benchy looks like mine. I will try slicing a benchy with Bambu studio. Thank you for info.

Make sure you recalibrate the printer first!

1 Like

I tried, and probably did it wrong. I created a new thread with Bambu-Software, Bambu-Firmware, and Bug-Report as tags, just like in this list at the link you posted, as there was no place to create a new thread there. We’ll see what happens.

I use Prusament filament attached to the back of my X1C. After installing the latest firmware, now every time I start a print I am warned that the printer does not know what filament I am using. Is there any way to turn this warning off? I know what I am doing, and sometimes the warning pops up after I have left the room, preventing the print from even starting. I need a way to disable this warning.

Thank you

Jon

Do you set the filament type on the printer so it know if it’s PLA for example on the external spool?

I’ve had exactly the same problem in the benchy. A weird line above the hull. Firmware 01.05.00.02 rollback fixes it. This firmware (even with hotfix) is not right.

Finaly received my printer. FW Update installed. Printed in PLA Basic with 0.2mm layer leight.
Sliced in Bambo Studio, default Bambu material profile.

2 Likes

I looked around and could not find any way to tell the printer that the filament is PLA. I told the slicer, and the printer knows that the gCode is for PLA. Where would I tell the printer that the filament loaded is PLA?

Thank you

In bambu studio, switch to devices tab, on the box that says ext spool, click on the pencil icon and select brand and type

Strange that I would tell the PRINTER what filament was there by going to the SOFTWARE on another device (my laptop). I did as you recommended, and the printer appears to already know what filament is loaded. So that does not explain the repeated error messages

You can also do it on the printer. There’s the filament tab. You can do the same thing. It actually makes sense if you consider that you may have something else loaded on that external spool. This way the printer can stop you starting a print for PLA when you have say PA-CF loaded. Don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’d benefit from making yourself a bit more acquainted with the printer.